PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

steveb484
23-06-2007, 20:36
Hi all

My NTL box packed in recently so I have managed to get hold of another one, my problem is is that I have numerous TV's all over the house and was able to watch TV through the old NTL box with no problems. With the new one not only can i not get any Sky channels but terrestial TV pictures are really snowy. Any one out there have any ideas. I would really appreciate some help.

Cheers,
Steve

ottoni
23-06-2007, 20:42
When you say 'you managed to get hold of another one' if you mean you got one that wasn't from vm, then i'm afraid it won't work, and your not entitled for it to work either! Unless the box is registered with vm, then you will get nothing out of that box!:dozey:

steveb484
23-06-2007, 20:46
Sorry didn't explain myself very well. NTL (VM) came out yesterday and installed new box Samsung SMT-2110C. Works perfectly in our lounge but no picture on any other TV's

Graham M
23-06-2007, 20:47
How are your other TVs connected?

steveb484
23-06-2007, 20:51
MMMM. Well I can only describe it as a 'junction box' under the floor boards at the top of the stairs, it was done professionally. I've had a look and everything seems ok..

ottoni
23-06-2007, 21:20
Hi all

My NTL box packed in recently so I have managed to get hold of another one, my problem is is that I have numerous TV's all over the house and was able to watch TV through the old NTL box with no problems. With the new one not only can i not get any Sky channels but terrestial TV pictures are really snowy. Any one out there have any ideas. I would really appreciate some help.

Cheers,
Stevesorry mate, just the way i read it!:erm:

homealone
24-06-2007, 15:57
it sounds like the stb that was replaced had a built in 'by-pass' unit, which the Samsung boxes don't have. They do have an RF signal 'combiner', but you need to connect an external aerial for that to work, and only for 'terrestrial' channels 1-4 (5 if you are lucky).

When VM stop sending the analogue signals the by-pass units will be obsolete, hence, although external ones are available for samsungs, VM are no longer fitting them.

Nedkelly
24-06-2007, 16:44
A tip for anyone using VM for a aerial apart from those which aeras supply them ie Matv connection .You will need to think about getting a aerial fitted as when VM turn off the analogue signals in all digital aeras you will loose your 1 to 5 unless you watch them through the cable box :)If you have a set top box which provides you with the above and you get the V+ box fitted you will loose this service :)