PDA

View Full Version : Why not leave

xspeedyx
22-06-2007, 17:27
Okay I really do understand that people are having a lot of probs with the changes and broadband so I ask why not leave if you are paying loads of money as u r and not gettin the service what is stopping you?

I only ask as people come on here and start shouting how vm sux and they are really annoyed but your still a customer and its getting really old.

Sorry if I am alittle sharp but when you come on a forum and see people just bitch about something nd yet you still do nothing to help the matter.

cimt
22-06-2007, 17:33
I sometimes think about that, I think it's coz they don't want to give the money greedy ***** they call Rupert and James Murdoch their money, but for broadband there's still places like Tiscali and BT to go to.

flowrebmit
22-06-2007, 17:35
Doesn't VM still have a 12 month lock in? I guess that only applies to new subscribers such as myself, and maybe if people have got a retention deal (does that restart a new contractual period of 12 months?)

JackSon
22-06-2007, 17:35
It's just the easiest form of crying for help in a primevil way. Threatening with withdrawal if nothing is fixed. If they wanted to leave, they would. If they want it fixing, they shout about it and wave their fist in the air at the omnipotent spirit of the company. Sadly its just the forum dwellers that actually hear/read the rant.

jcardiff
22-06-2007, 17:43
I have now left after getting less then 1 meg consistently for 3 months on my 10meg connection and can actually open pages on my new speedy 4 meg connection without having time to boil the kettle, retentions offered me oodles and quite cheap too but no good really when all you want is to be able to use the internet.

Mick Fisher
22-06-2007, 17:50
Just as boring would be an endless stream of posts saying:

"Hallo World, just to let you all know my VM BB is working great, I get the speed I pay for 24/7, I have never had an outage and I'm really glad VM don't go in for Traffic Management or charge for iffy support from off shored locations."

In reality, if that were really the case then it's likely the forum would be just about, if not completely, empty as people only really come on here to moan and I for one don't blame them but instead, sympathise and try to help them if I can.

englishpaul
22-06-2007, 18:13

"Hallo World, just to let you all know my VM BB is working great, I get the speed I pay for 24/7, I have never had an outage and I'm really glad VM don't go in for Traffic Management or charge for iffy support from off shored locations."

In reality, if that were really the case then it's likely the forum would be just about, if not completely, empty as people only really come on here to moan and I for one don't blame them but instead, sympathise and try to help them if I can.

But surely there is a difference between having a forum where folk can come to discuss problems and having a sounding off board?

Only a minority of posts here seem to be technically orientated, the rest seem to be rants.

:rolleyes:

chickendippers
22-06-2007, 18:19
Doesn't VM still have a 12 month lock in? I guess that only applies to new subscribers such as myself, and maybe if people have got a retention deal (does that restart a new contractual period of 12 months?)
If you can argue that they aren't providing the service as advertised then you can get out of your contract.

Mick Fisher
22-06-2007, 18:22
But surely there is a difference between having a forum where folk can come to discuss problems and having a sounding off board?

Only a minority of posts here seem to be technically orientated, the rest seem to be rants.

:rolleyes:
True enough. But don't you think that if VM could just get their act together a bit more then I'm damned sure that nearly all the posts you would see here would be technology discussions and the forum would be practically empty.

Shaun
22-06-2007, 18:24
Okay I really do understand that people are having a lot of probs with the changes and broadband so I ask why not leave if you are paying loads of money as u r and not gettin the service what is stopping you?

I only ask as people come on here and start shouting how vm sux and they are really annoyed but your still a customer and its getting really old.

Sorry if I am alittle sharp but when you come on a forum and see people just bitch about something nd yet you still do nothing to help the matter.

I did but not until I spent plenty of time trying to sort the issues out. If we all left companies that we had problems with there wouldn't anywhere to go in the end - would there?

Bill C
22-06-2007, 18:28

There are users on here that have said they are going to leave every time there is a change, Started with the Capping threads and has been a constant way of life for some ever since. I have a little titter every time the same group jump up and down then throw there dummies out the pram followed by the age old chant That's it i am off to SKY BT WHOEVER. Guess what ? They are still here after 4 years and counting :LOL:.

I once said that's it i am off to SKY BT WHOEVER and guess what i did :Yikes:. Problem was i then had 12 months of crap service from SKY "Pvr that lost recordings and then had a failed hard drive". BT and there telephone line that was as much good as a light house in the desert and was NEVER fixed. UKONLINE aka SKY BROADBAND who promised me up to 16 meg and after they had me installed gave me 2 meg via a BT backbone and only then admited they had no spare capcity in the Warrington Stanley street exchange :rolleyes:.

I then had to endure 12 monthsa of crap till i could move back to Virgin.

So i will be staying here where i get speeds like this.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/06/36.png (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/%3Ca%20href=)">

And where i get a :-

A Virgin phone line that does what it says on the tin

2 Tv Drives that do what it says on the tin.

PowerUser
22-06-2007, 18:31
And not everyone Lives in a flat above the Telephone exchange, So Cable is the only option for some.

mondeo
22-06-2007, 18:34

Same goes if you don't like reading complaints. Nobody is forcing you to read them or reply.
And check out how this forum came about, and all it's history. That might also give a clue as to why people come here to complain.

Cobbydaler
22-06-2007, 18:42
True enough. But don't you think that if VM could just get their act together a bit more then I'm damned sure that nearly all the posts you would see here would be technology discussions and the forum would be practically empty.

I doubt it would be empty.

There are more posts in the basement than in the VM services section.

The General IT discussion area is quite healthy too...

RXP
22-06-2007, 18:46
12 months. Virgin should do themselves a favour and do a 3 month minimum, so people can really see what it's like on the other side of the fence and jump back ASAP ;-)

Mick Fisher
22-06-2007, 18:59

Of course and I should have qualified that I was only talking about the Internet Services section of the Forum. I apologise for not making this absolutely clear. :)

zing_deleted
22-06-2007, 19:02
I can normally find enough to do without over exposure to the whining ;)

arcamalpha2004
22-06-2007, 20:29

The majority of posts are not bitching, and even if they are, hey! you pay your money ......... ;)
What would be good is for vm to open their network to other companies to offer broadband, now then maybe some would leave.

MovedGoalPosts
22-06-2007, 21:12
Members are reminded not to insult each other - some posts have been deleted.

dave6x
22-06-2007, 21:29
Many of the people posting in CM are maybe like myself, have received a good service for several years, albeit rather expensive, and then become very frustrated when the service deteriorates like mine seems to have done.

I don't want the hassle of switching providers, particularly when I hear horror stories about switching to TalkTalk, etc from work colleagues, I just want the quality of service I've become used to to be restored!!!

Richy99
23-06-2007, 10:39
And not everyone Lives in a flat above the Telephone exchange, So Cable is the only option for some.

why is it? you can still get adsl albeit at a slower speed

TheDaddy
23-06-2007, 10:45
I sometimes think about that, I think it's coz they don't want to give the money greedy ***** they call Rupert and James Murdoch their money, but for broadband there's still places like Tiscali and BT to go to.

:tu: :tu: I would rather not have tv than give that man a single penny

jcardiff
23-06-2007, 10:46
why is it? you can still get adsl albeit at a slower speed
not everyone can, no

daggman
23-06-2007, 12:05
well i switched my tv to sky after poor service from virgin, still have my phone and broadband with virgin, which in my opinion is the best of both worlds.

My broadband from virgin has always been very good for last 5 years, and think virgin need to hammer home the fact that is the dogs dangly bits.

sky tv is much better than virgin tv, more channels, specially for sports fans like me, sky sports news, ESPN Classics is great, football choice and other red button functions on sky sports channels.

The sky+ box that we got free,with free instalation, is much quieter, and more importantly much faster than the V+ box we use to have.

Daggman

Safeman
23-06-2007, 12:11
i have a polish friend he just signed up after a month he is canceling all 3 services lol i told him he,s in a 12 month contract he dont care LMAO

Sirpingalot
23-06-2007, 12:47
Where else could I get speed like that? No-where.

Where else can I get latency as low as that? No-where.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/06/35.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

I shall definately be staying. Well, as long as it remains this good! (Touch wood).

Downloads
23-06-2007, 12:53

Yeah i quite like to read them :tu: and i quite like the rumour and conjecture.

I do have to say, i hate threads that start... Bye bye VM. Reading the moaning (eg cap threads) is just depressing.

hokkers999
23-06-2007, 14:14

Well actually I did do something about it (finally pushed by the non DD charge) I downgraded to the 2meg service and saved £19/month. Can honestly say it doesn't seem any slower at all.

Vlad_Dracul
23-06-2007, 14:35

When Pandora opened the box and inadvertently freed all the evils of the world, she also had the good sens to let that last thing trapped in the box out-hope, and thats all we have left with VM. Hope that it will get better. Anyway,your not allowed to leave NTL.

zer0
23-06-2007, 15:01
Many of the people posting in CM are maybe like myself, have received a good service for several years, albeit rather expensive, and then become very frustrated when the service deteriorates like mine seems to have done.

I don't want the hassle of switching providers, particularly when I hear horror stories about switching to TalkTalk, etc from work colleagues, I just want the quality of service I've become used to to be restored!!!

i second that

Bill C
23-06-2007, 15:50
Anyway,your not allowed to leave NTL.

Want to say why or are you spouting crap ? "proof please that you cannot leave VM"

Hugh
23-06-2007, 15:57
When Pandora opened the box and inadvertently freed all the evils of the world, she also had the good sens to let that last thing trapped in the box out-hope, and thats all we have left with VM. Hope that it will get better. Anyway,your not allowed to leave NTL.
LMAO, ROFL, other "txt-spk"isms.

Why, will the bearded meanies come round and repossess your house, making you live in "social housing"? :D
V was for Vendetta, not Virgin........

You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave (guitar solo)

iglu
23-06-2007, 15:59
Want to say why or are you spouting crap ? "proof please that you cannot leave VM"

She said NTL :p:

Bill C
23-06-2007, 16:05

True :LOL:

Hugh
23-06-2007, 16:06
erm, she's a he (to the best of my knowledge), and he/she said "you are not allowed to leave NTL", not "you can't leave NTL".

And there is still NTL Business and NTL Ireland www.ntl.ie (http://www.ntl.ie) ;)

iglu
23-06-2007, 16:29
erm, she's a he (to the best of my knowledge)

Navratilova was a "he" too ;)

TheDaddy
23-06-2007, 18:35

You can't leave, it's the law :erm:

Colli
23-06-2007, 21:10
Speaking personally, I'd love to leave VM as my service has degraded significantly of late (and no, I'm not being shaped).

My flat has a BT wall socket and I called them yesterday to enquire about getting their 'phone line activated. Sadly, I was told that there has never been an active BT line at my property and that I would need to have a line installed by an engineer. The cost: £125!

With my current financial situation, there is no way I can afford an additional outlay of £125 at the moment. If this wasn't an issue, I'd leave VM in a heartbeat.

Bill C
23-06-2007, 21:14

Well i have read some crap in my time but that tops it for now :erm:

TheDaddy
23-06-2007, 21:20

Then I would suggest that all that craps addled your mind if you thought I was being serious in any way ;)

Hugh
23-06-2007, 21:21

I think (he said hopefully) that TD was being ironic.;)

Stuart
23-06-2007, 21:23

Actually >90% of the members post in the non-virgin sections of the site, so the forum wouldn't be completely empty.

Bill C
23-06-2007, 21:27
Then I would suggest that all that craps addled your mind if you thought I was being serious in any way ;)

so why no smilie :)

Sorry its been a long bad day

tweetypie/8
23-06-2007, 23:27

you have hit the nail right on the head ,to many whingers on the forum,more power to your elbow. :tu: