PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Plus Napster Discount

harmonyinfo
22-06-2007, 10:56
According to the Broadband Plus page on the VM website, subscribers with BB+ should be able to get a 40% discount on napster. Has anyone actually got that discount? There are a couple of threads, latest about a year ago, with people saying they couldn't work out how to do it. I tried the link on the BB+ page, but all it does is take me to a napster.co.uk page to download the napster software. After doing that, I can sign up but it is the full £9.99/month charge it is asking for instead of the £5.99 it should be with the BB+ discount.

spankysmagicpian
22-06-2007, 11:56
I thought all users on 4Mb and above got BB+ free. I have never had it and if you try and use it it asks you to upgrade and pay the extra.

I dont think Telewest had this and it was NTL only. It wouldn't surprise me if there were plans to remove the service altogether.

harmonyinfo
22-06-2007, 12:07
I thought all users on 4Mb and above got BB+ free. I have never had it and if you try and use it it asks you to upgrade and pay the extra.

I dont think Telewest had this and it was NTL only. It wouldn't surprise me if there were plans to remove the service altogether.

Yes, I am on the XL service and I get Broadband Extras free. But one of the extras in the BB Extras is to get 40% off the napster subscription. www.virginmedia.com/broadbandextras. I can log in fine on the VM website, but when I try to login in napster, it displays a script error:
Line 312
https://sms.napster.com/duet/registration/ntl/missing_info.html

If I let it continue to run, it tries to open a page on the old ntlworld website:

http://www.ntlworld.com/broadbandplus/microsite.php?pageid=napster

which then gets redirected to the default VM broadbandextras page.

It does say on the VM site it is for ex-NTL region only (which I am).

I'm guessing this is just one of the results of the VM takeover, oops I mean rebranding/name change.

spankysmagicpian
22-06-2007, 13:27
Well, same as always for me - BB Extra page, then click on an icon, asks me to sign in, I sign in and it takes me to my account page.

Click on BB extras and it tells me that their are no additional services to purchase. Then back to square one to repeat it all.

Am I missing something? I'm on 10Mb bTW and ex ntl.

harmonyinfo
22-06-2007, 14:18
Well, same as always for me - BB Extra page, then click on an icon, asks me to sign in, I sign in and it takes me to my account page.

Click on BB extras and it tells me that their are no additional services to purchase. Then back to square one to repeat it all.

Am I missing something? I'm on 10Mb bTW and ex ntl.

I think you might be missing something. After sign in, I can click the icons on the www.virginmedia.com/broadbandextras page and get them to do stuff (like lego games, soniczone, etc).

harmonyinfo
22-06-2007, 19:17
Anyway I've completed the tech support contact form on the VM website, and also contacted Napster to ask about this - will update thread when/if I get any response.

ozsat
23-06-2007, 16:33
I tried getting Napster via NTL BB+ as it had a discount - but later found I was paying full price to Napster.

Complained many times to NTL and Napster - and cancelled Napster in the end as neither seemed bother.

sprattgraham
15-10-2007, 23:12
Not been able to get this working Napster, they say Virgin Media should be giving me a Promo Code