PDA

View Full Version : Problems With 10mb Broadband in Bolton BL5

Ste912
21-06-2007, 09:35
Hi All

I just signed up but have been a long time reader on this site, My problems started last night at about 10.30, all of a sudden my speed just droped down to about 600k/sec, so I just thought I was being traffic shaped even though I have never been traffic shaped before, I have had 10mb broadband for about 1 year and have never had any problems and its all been at full speed.

Then this morning when I got up I tried Giganews and that will not work, it just comes up cannot connect, also my e mails do not work at all, and also some sites do not work eg Ebay and Google, they just time out, but some sites do work fine but most do not, is anyone else having the same problems as me today.

Thanks

paulwilko
21-06-2007, 09:53
Same issue here down in Bracknell. I am hoping it is not the speed shaping but if it is i will be disconnecting faster than my download speed !!!!

danjw
21-06-2007, 09:58
Same issue here down in Bracknell. I am hoping it is not the speed shaping but if it is i will be disconnecting faster than my download speed !!!!

about another year then LOOL

bigdavep
26-06-2007, 16:32
I'm in bolton and my service has been fine until today too. I heard the 20mb was due today so I reset my modem and I do indeed now have 20mb, however my speeds seem to have dropped to 4mb ish. They have been running 9.5mb all day though, it's only since i reset the modem. Have you tried to reset your modem to see if that makes a difference

I'm in BL2 if thats any help...