PDA

View Full Version : help with sending messages abroad

ikthius
20-06-2007, 22:22
Hey everyone,

I have had the same number for years.
I was on O2 last year and I sent message to my girlfriend when she was abroad, I never had a problem.

I am now on Orange, so is she, but I get messages from her, but she is not getting any from me, she was getting worried cause I was not replying, when I was...

How can I get my messages to be sent abroad when I am here?

I have her number set up with the +44...

I phoned her tonight, but I can't do that all the time...

Help

ik

Wicked_and_Crazy
20-06-2007, 22:59
We have the same issue with O2 on one of our phones.

Can you get someone else to send her a text to see it its you sending or her receiving thats the problem

ikthius
20-06-2007, 23:16
she said someone did text her who is here.

not sure what network they are on, but it seems to be a problem I am having.

i might need to phone them tomorrow.

I was hoping I could just change something on the phone, but I have been looking for hours.

ik

lauzjp
21-06-2007, 06:13
your best bet is to phone them or go into an orange shop, there are probably settings that need to be changed.

ikthius
21-06-2007, 18:58
well I phoned them.

Spoke to a nice lady this morning, said she will give me a sim update.
Done that and sent a message, got a delivery report saying the message got through, but my girlfriend still never got the message....

I phoned back, and spoke to a not so nice woman, who said they can't do anything till they know what network my girlfriend is on over in cyprus.
When they know it can take up to 72 hrs to resolve, if they do resolve it.....

I told her I know others who are on orange and who are not can send and receive texts from my girlfriend, but I seem to be the only one, she said its hit and miss.

Not very promising and she never sounded bothered either.

I asked about the messages sent she said nothing can be done, cause I sent them i get charged.

so looks like I am stuck with a problem, that orange don't sound to bothered about helping me with, I used to get excellent customer service from them as well.

ik