PDA

View Full Version : BB in Burnley/Nelson

dushanbe
20-06-2007, 08:55
Hiya

Am having serious broadband problems in the BB9 area. Since April, the service has gone down 5 times for days on end. The symptoms are that the 'Ready' LED flashes on the modem and an LED on the set top box also flashes (although TV works ok).

I call into the service centre and frustratingly get through to people who say an engineer needs to come. Usually the problem fixes itself before an engineer can get to me, but a couple of times they have called me to get me to check whether its working, as they have determined the problem to be in a local junction box.

There appears to be no record at Virgin of my previous problems and the call centre staff are next to useless - just trying to send an engineer when it seems there is a local problem.

On the fault line (151) last night it did say that there was a problem in the BB9 area, but there is nothing on the service status and once again, India knew nothing about it this morning.

Its morale sapping having to contact them every other week to report these problems and then arrange for someone to be in etc, with no acknowledgement of the hassle this creates.

Any ideas of a good next move?

Stuart
20-06-2007, 09:07
If you PM me your name, address, account number and a contact phone number, I can refer this to the site's contacts.

grabbi
20-06-2007, 23:39
Move? BB2 Area... thats where I live, and its a great connection. Just a crap service.

(Sorry the comment isnt helpful, I just couldnt resist)

DeanSupreme uk
21-06-2007, 01:42
Move? BB2 Area... thats where I live, and its a great connection. Just a crap service.

(Sorry the comment isnt helpful, I just couldnt resist)

Ooohh im in the BB2 area...just off Montague St....where abouts you at?

grabbi
21-06-2007, 02:33
Erm... just off Montague Street too! Weird...

Stonyhurst Road, but technically its Montague Close...

DeanSupreme uk
21-06-2007, 14:12
Your about 2mins down the road from me:p:I see you have a Xbox360 m8y..do you go on Xboxlive?If so chuck us a friends request..always good too have local people to play online..

My Gamertag is the same as on here..
DeanSupreme uk

grabbi
21-06-2007, 14:18
Excellent! Will do!