PDA

View Full Version : Disconnecting cloned modems

tecknobehinde
19-06-2007, 12:42
Could the problem that virgin are having with their network and hence the reason to implement traffic shaping all be down to the fact there are about 50million cloned cable modems now running at full pelt with 20 meg config's on
P2P networks???? Surly they can see this but nothing is being done about it and we are all suffering from this and paying for it!!!

take all those modems offline and Im sure the traffic problems wouldnt be half as bad........;)

Stuart
19-06-2007, 12:56
Could the problem that virgin are having with their network and hence the reason to implement traffic shaping all be down to the fact there are about 50million cloned cable modems now running at full pelt with 20 meg config's on
P2P networks???? Surly they can see this but nothing is being done about it and we are all suffering from this and paying for it!!!

take all those modems offline and Im sure the traffic problems wouldnt be half as bad........;)

If only it were that simple. Virgin do actively chase those use cloned modems, but there will always be those who find their way around controls placed on the network.

:welcome: to the forum, BTW.

tecknobehinde
19-06-2007, 13:09
many thanks for the greeting ;)

They probably do chase around for these cloned modems but they need to try a whole lot harder! the fact of the matter is, their network cant handle it, they cant keep tabs on how many users they have so how are they going to plan for the future? just seems never ending to me!

TraxData
19-06-2007, 13:14
If only it were that simple. Virgin do actively chase those use cloned modems, but there will always be those who find their way around controls placed on the network.

:welcome: to the forum, BTW.

Not in my experience, its a pretty well known fact that VM wont bother chasing people with cloned modems because its more of a hassle than its worth.

same with the tv boxes, if you know any techs ull know how bad it can get when u disconnect ppl in a rough area ;)

Nedkelly
19-06-2007, 14:07
Oh what fun you have when you disconnect someone in a rough aera :)

Chris
19-06-2007, 14:24
Oh what fun you have when you disconnect someone in a rough aera :)

Well come on - spill the beans! :D

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Admin note .... thread title changed to be more specific.

Nedkelly
19-06-2007, 14:27
Your in the cab you find the drop you want and take it off the tap plate then wait for it .1 you get the curtains twiching or 2 they come out my tvs gone off .To which i reply oh iam sorry but we are doing a fraud audit on the box abd acording to our records you dont get any services from us .But if i have made a misstake and you can produce a bill i will gladley put you back on .I do this a lot in my area and i cut of the ends so they cant reconnect them .They will break in to the cab and put them selfs back on with a push on f connector i then cut that of and move the drop cable to the pit .I had a base unit which we got rid of a lot of old drops and sorted out the next day the door was ripped of and someone had conected them all up again so i cut all the drops at the bottom of the base unit so the cables would not reach the tap without a extenr piece on it .It worked the cab never got broken into after that .I could go but i ill stop

Paul
19-06-2007, 14:36
... the fact there are about 50million cloned cable modems now running at full pelt with 20 meg config's on
P2P networks50 million ? I don't think so.

dev
19-06-2007, 15:26
50 million ? I don't think so.

exactly what i was thinking, thats almost enough for every person in the uk. take the average 2.5 (guessing here) people per house, thats about 2 modems per house.

tecknobehinde
19-06-2007, 15:52
Hey peeps.... I didn't mean you all to take the 50 million mark literally..........but its high:angel: