PDA

View Full Version : ntl:home 100 modem on last legs?

bluetide
19-06-2007, 04:31
Over the last week or so our modem seem to be dieing. Id be surfing the net upstairs and just lose all net connection(wireless connetion fine) so i would go to the modem to find all lights out. id pull the power and replug and it would boot like nothing happened. but today something odd happened, it had a turn again so unpluged and repluged did the usualy flashes, but it wanst locking on to sync or rdy but it was just flashing d/s it was like this for over 10 mins called server line no issues and interactive was working(ive noticed whenever bb is down we have no interactive) so guessed it wasnt bb down but the modem having yet another issue i loged into 192.168.100.1 and under status everything was listed as Not done(or similar). eventually more lights started flicking and syc and rdy became locked and its now acting normal. i was just woundering has anyone else ever experienced such issues? i plan to call VM tomorrow about it(the account holder(mum)) will be in but shes not very techy but VM normaly refuse to talk to non account holders lately. because the issue is random i dont want an engineer to come out claim no fault and we get charged. is it posible as its just the modem they would just send a home install kit?

Paul K
19-06-2007, 06:53
As long as your mum ask them to deal with you as her "agent" then VM should have no issues in talking to you. Explain what is happening to the modem, tell them it's happening randomly, explain that ALL lights on the modem go out and nothing happens until you unplug the modem and then plug it all back in and ask for a swap out (self install if possible).

bluetide
20-06-2007, 00:16
Thanks for the Advice ;)
all i can say is wow VM cs is definately a massive improvement on NTL's i was on hold for about 5 mins(bare in mind this was midday) i was greeted by a nice UK based lady, i explained our cable modem keeps randomly loseing power, she said "im sorry youve had trouble with you service well get u back on track quickly", She asked if it lost full power(eg including no power light) to which i said yes and to fix it i have to pull the power. She then took our adress then ,she said ill just check the logs while she was waiting for it to come up i said mind you it is and old modem she said what one i said ntl 100 she o yes it just come up on screen. She then said the definatly faulty as she said it cant be the power pack as unpluggin would not do anything, She said We'll send you new new one out today she then said as we are sending you equiptment i need to verify u know the account password. just asked mum and told her, she then said we need a number to give the delivery guy just incase you dont answer, gave her the number, she said ill just place you on hold while i get that sorted for you, when she came back she applogised for the wait i said no worries, she said it will be sent out today an i should expect it thursday, And there will be instructions in the box on what i need to do she also adised to make sure i only used the power supply supplied. I thanked her for all her help

This is the type of customer service i like to see and totaly argee with what had happened as why waist engineers time for something a customer can do easily themself

johnnyk
20-06-2007, 14:49
I have the 120 and mine keeps disconnecting when phoned the technical support over two days i hasten to add i kept getting told the operator could not understand me and could offer me no help---what a waste of time!!! i now have to wait a week till an engineer can call,,,,, not a great service

Nedkelly
20-06-2007, 14:51
The 120 is known for problems i think the tech when he sees it will change it out .Its a shame that you have had to wait so long