PDA

View Full Version : Latency

Stryda
16-06-2007, 23:56
Hi,
Since the 12/6/07 i have been having serious latency problems with my 4Mb VM broadband. From my mates ventrillo server I used to get around 16 ping since Tuesday i have been having between 100-40000+ it's really bad. I can't play any games at all due to a huge ping and ultra lag. It mainly occurs after 4pm, but this morning (16/6/07) i had been playing for a while with no ping problems then about 1 and a half hours later my ping just screwed and was jumping up and down like a kangaroo. Has anyone else been getting this or has anyone got some suggestions on what to do to fix. I'm am seriously considering moving to Be or someone like that seen as VM have ruined the good service NTL:telewest had.

Here is a result from WinMTR http://stryda.co.uk/winmtr.html (sorry for external link txt version gets mangled.) This is to a BF2 server i was having latency problems with.

Thanks
Ellis (stryda)

Nedkelly
17-06-2007, 00:12
We had a simalar problem when they put the traffic shapping on the ubrs for a couple of days then we had a dhcp problem .Keep at them they wiil find a problem and fix it as it might be affecting more people in the aera :)

notcrack
17-06-2007, 00:29
sorry i know this is going to sound childish but i thought latency is what they call finding out your gay/lesbian later on in life

Hugh
17-06-2007, 13:36
sorry i know this is going to sound childish but i thought latency is what they call finding out your gay/lesbian later on in life
Wow - you can have a choice? ;)

I must be a lesbian, as I find women attractive............ :D

notcrack
17-06-2007, 14:50
just trying to be pc about it i didn't think 'big queer' would go down to well with the general population