PDA

View Full Version : VM will never contact me about install.

drdave
16-06-2007, 16:30
I have had the worst experience with VM.

My trouble started 6 weeks ago. I have recently moved to Brighton from the United States. I went to join VM online and after checking I saw that my flat was not listed in the database, so I filled out the form and submitted online to have a spotter come out and verify they could install. I waited for two weeks to be contacted and received nothing.
Next, I called the VM sales team. They said that my flat was listed as not serviceable. When I told them the flat above me has their Virgin service they looked and verified that indeed it did and it was odd that the property was listed as unserviceable. They transferred me to the engineers to leave a voice message so that they could send a spotter out. I waited another week and was never contacted.
So, I called the VM sales team again. I went through the entire situation and they saw that it should be serviceable. The member of the sales team sent an email to the department responsible for sending the spotter and informed me that I would be contacted in 48 hours. Again, I was never contacted.
I waited a few extra days and placed another call. I went through the situation, yet again. I was transferred to leave a voicemail. I left it again with all of my information. The spotters never called me back to set up an appointment yet again.
I called a few days ago. Talked to the VM sales team again. Described how this situation was ridiculous and that I have been trying and trying to get service. They then transferred me to department responsible for sending out spotters. Finally, I thought I can speak to someone. I explained the situation to them. They took all of my details and I was told I would be contacted within 24 hours to set up an appointment to send out a spotter. It has now been 72+ hours and I have not been contacted.
What is the problem with VM and their spotters. This is the worst experience I have had with such a service. I am at a loss for what to do. I know that the property is serviceable. The flat above me has VM and my landlord pointed out the cable box attached to the building. If anyone has any ideas how to proceed I'd appreciate it.

NTLVictim
16-06-2007, 19:03
After what you have been through so far, why would you wish to continue??

drdave
19-06-2007, 15:36
I have tried again and I now realize that Virgin is worthless. I got a pretty mixed message this time. I first talked to customer service and then they passed my back to sales. The guy in sales said that they need to send a spotter out, which I already knew. I told him that I have talked to many people trying to set it up and he said well you need to find someone that can chase down these people so he transferred me back to customer service. Customer service said they will not do anything for me because I do not have a contract with them and the only people I can talk to is sales, so I was transferred back to sales. The next person I talked to was a woman in sales and she was very, very unpleasant. When I got on I told her I am trying to get a spotter to come out and I haven't been contacted by one and she just said "you can't get our service because you aren't in the system". I told her the flat above us has it and the property has a box attached and she just said "no, you can't get it and no on is going to call you" and then she just hung up.
Way to go VM. You treat your potential customers so well.

drdave
23-06-2007, 14:37
I thought I'd give an update. After recruiting the help of my landlord (a Virgin Customer) and her being shuffled around just as much as I was I finally got somewhere. My landlord requested to speak to a higher up telling them that she will remove Virgin from all her properties and go with Sky if they didn't fix this obvious error of her property being listed as non-serviceable. Within a few hours of her making that statement I got a call and a few hours later I had an engineer out at my house were he verified I could in fact have their service installed. I signed the contract and will have my VIP package installed on Thursday the 28th. I have learned that the sales people don't care about the customers if it takes any effort on their part. They probably work on commission and if they have to take a few extra steps they won't bother with you.
The reason I went with Virgin despite all the trouble is because I need the high speed connection. My neighborhood is far from the exchange and the BT wiring is bad and if you connect at anything higher than 1-2MB you risk constant disconnects.

prawncocktail
23-06-2007, 15:42
I thought I'd give an update. After recruiting the help of my landlord (a Virgin Customer) and her being shuffled around just as much as I was I finally got somewhere. My landlord requested to speak to a higher up telling them that she will remove Virgin from all her properties and go with Sky if they didn't fix this obvious error of her property being listed as non-serviceable. Within a few hours of her making that statement I got a call and a few hours later I had an engineer out at my house were he verified I could in fact have their service installed. I signed the contract and will have my VIP package installed on Thursday the 28th. I have learned that the sales people don't care about the customers if it takes any effort on their part. They probably work on commission and if they have to take a few extra steps they won't bother with you.
The reason I went with Virgin despite all the trouble is because I need the high speed connection. My neighborhood is far from the exchange and the BT wiring is bad and if you connect at anything higher than 1-2MB you risk constant disconnects.

complete and utter rubbish about the telesales team there, complete twaddle, i understand your frustrations but in sales if a property is not listed all we can do is refer you to spotters, that is it, finito, nothing else, glad you got it sorted your a lucky one as we in sales know spotters are a waste of time but its a process we have to follow...i will get in trouble for this probably as staff have been banned from posting in forums/blogs but that statement annoyed me

the-cable-guy
09-07-2007, 01:46
VM suck big time

Data
09-07-2007, 04:48
Just goes to show though. Money talks, or the threatened removal thereof.
I'll be threatening the same thing If my mails are ignored.
I hope it turns out to be pleasant after all the hassle, drdave. :tu:

maths15
10-07-2007, 07:55
VM suck big time

If you feel that way, why do you post on a VM BB?

the-cable-guy
10-07-2007, 22:13
? ow do u mean ?

NTLVictim
11-07-2007, 20:50
Are they not entitled to their opinion, whether or not anyone else agrees?

maths15
11-07-2007, 22:31
? ow do u mean ?

I assume that if you feel VM suck the big one, you cannot be a VM customer, ergo why post on such a board?

on in an hour!
11-07-2007, 22:36
I assume that if you feel VM suck the big one, you cannot be a VM customer, ergo why post on such a board?
woooowwwhhh!!! ergo,whos had a dictionary for their supper.i thought the guys name was raindance-rob. :D :D :D

sprattgraham
13-07-2007, 00:17
Call sales and ask for Installs

WHISTLED
13-07-2007, 08:51
i will get in trouble for this probably as staff have been banned from posting in forums/blogs but that statement annoyed me

No they havent - only when people have abused other colleagues on there

the-cable-guy
22-07-2007, 16:25
read my other post its sorted ow but i was out of pocket by £302 but i wont have to pay for BB for over 12 months cuz they ****ed up big time

Rapid Dr3am
28-07-2007, 12:27
No they havent - only when people have abused other colleagues on there

... and revealing company secrets.