PDA

View Full Version : Probably the Dumbest Question Ever?

grabbi
14-06-2007, 19:50
Could BT Vision be used with Virgin Broadband in some way?

I know the Box would need a Broadband connection, but could it not be routed into the BT Vision box?

Or does it HAVE to be a BT Broadband Connection?

virginmedia
14-06-2007, 21:34
For on demand services you only need a BT phoneline I think im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

Hope this Helps
John

Shaun
14-06-2007, 22:24
IFAIK you need to be on BT Broadband (well for now anyway).

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

I'm sure the BT Vision site will tell you :)

grabbi
14-06-2007, 22:48
Bummer... That equipment is actually quite impressive... but not enough for me to say Bye to 2 years of service from Virgin.

Stuart
14-06-2007, 23:00
If it works the same way Homechoice does, it relys on ADSL to recieve the VOD (ADSL video is handled by seperate hardware in the exchange). Even if it did work with standard IP connections, it is almost certain BT have configured their VOD servers to only work with their IPs.

Euromancer
15-06-2007, 00:58
If it works the same way Homechoice does, it relys on ADSL to recieve the VOD (ADSL video is handled by seperate hardware in the exchange). Even if it did work with standard IP connections, it is almost certain BT have configured their VOD servers to only work with their IPs.

That's what I thought they would lock that content into their own domain :erm:

englishpaul
15-06-2007, 01:38
Could BT Vision be used with Virgin Broadband in some way?

I know the Box would need a Broadband connection, but could it not be routed into the BT Vision box?

Or does it HAVE to be a BT Broadband Connection?

Not really a dumb question, if you don't ask then you don't find out...

:)

NTLVictim
15-06-2007, 14:34
No such thing as a dumb question.

Shaun
15-06-2007, 15:45
It possibly won't be long before they release a box to plug into your existing BB router. They'll miss out on loads of business if they don't. :)