PDA

View Full Version : Moving team lost my phoneline

Cilonen
14-06-2007, 20:02
We're due to move home in a couple of weeks, so noting the useful info on the forum about giving VM plenty of notice I rang the moving team 3 days ago.
All seemed fine, "Yes sir, no problem, we'll disconnect your service on the 26th, and the engineer will be with you at your new home on the 27th. You'll still have your existing e-mail address, same services, only your phone number will change" (we're moving to a different area code).

Half an hour later, the phone line goes dead.
Checked faults - none listed for the area.
Checked with moving - "No sir, you're down to be disconnected on the 26th"
Checked again with faults - did a line test - "Oh dear, the number has been disconnected at exchange, don't know how that happened. We can get it back for you, it'll take 24 hours"

Three days later, still no phone line :mad:
At least the broadband is still running (for now!), but I'm starting to worry that many other problems will arise once the move has taken place.

Can I face another 20+ mins on hold for CS (from the mobi) to try and get this fixed (assuming anyone there has their brain switched on today), or shall I just forget it and accept the massive mobi bill that will arise from ringing all the bloody 0870 numbers every damn utility company uses now when I give the final readings, etc?

Ladies & Gents, vote now...

KeyserSoze1978
14-06-2007, 21:11
What is your post code, and last 4 digits of your a/c number?

Cilonen
14-06-2007, 23:13
KeyserSoze

just PM'd the info to you.

Cheers!

AbyssUnderground
14-06-2007, 23:21
I hope you didn't give any other details... This guy is a first time poster, didn't you realise that? Asking for your postcode and last four digit of the a/c number he might be able to get the rest of the beginning of the number from that...

Lets hope not.

punky
14-06-2007, 23:34
I hope you didn't give any other details... This guy is a first time poster, didn't you realise that? Asking for your postcode and last four digit of the a/c number he might be able to get the rest of the beginning of the number from that...

Lets hope not.

Indeed.

KeyserSoze1978: Thanx for offering to help. We like to publically verify VM employees though for the protection of our users.

Would you mind please PMing a member of the team with your VM email address please? It would also give you access to VM-only content.

NTLVictim
16-06-2007, 13:48
It would also give you access to VM-only content.

Would you care to expand on that?

Nedkelly
16-06-2007, 14:07
Yes i would like to know as well :)

punky
16-06-2007, 14:09
Nope :)

PM a member of the team with your VM e-mail address and find out :)