PDA

View Full Version : Deliberately Creased Shirts...

Chris W
12-06-2007, 19:08
I've recently bought one of those shirts that is deliberately creasy. It's a cotton/ flax mix and it's just come out of the washing machine looking lovely. apart from the creases.

It has big creases in it as well as the little ones that it should have. So how do i get these out? I can't iron it because that will result in no little creases...

Anyone got any advice? is there a particular way in which i should be washing it? Do i just need to hang it? Starch? Cold iron? Any advice appreciated :) Otherwise i'm just going to iron it, and that kind of defeats the point of it being deliberately creasy :erm:

Hugh
12-06-2007, 19:12
Hang it in a bathroom/en suite with the hot shower running for 5 minutes, then leave it in there for an hour with the door/windows shut.

skyblueheroes
12-06-2007, 19:16
I've recently bought one of those shirts that is deliberately creasy. It's a cotton/ flax mix and it's just come out of the washing machine looking lovely. apart from the creases.

It has big creases in it as well as the little ones that it should have. So how do i get these out? I can't iron it because that will result in no little creases...

Anyone got any advice? is there a particular way in which i should be washing it? Do i just need to hang it? Starch? Cold iron? Any advice appreciated :) Otherwise i'm just going to iron it, and that kind of defeats the point of it being deliberately creasy :erm:

Did you go back in time and get it from 1998 ?

;):D

Chris W
12-06-2007, 19:20

Kind of... I bought it in Reading. Not exactly the fashion hub of the uk.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Hang it in a bathroom/en suite with the hot shower running for 5 minutes, then leave it in there for an hour with the door/windows shut.

hmm hadn't thought of that. thanks, i'll give it a bash :)

Cobbydaler
12-06-2007, 19:57

No, he got it from danielf...

It's one of his castoffs that he never irons (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34324511-post16.html)... ;)

greencreeper
12-06-2007, 21:38
A man who can iron huh :erm: When you wash it, you need to move it from the washer to the line or airer, immediately. I know most men think that washing can be left in the machine for upto a week. Any creases should drop out as it dries.

I never iron. My mate does my clothes for work - shirts and trousers.

Chris W
12-06-2007, 21:40
Yes a man that can iron! Shirts, Trousers, T-shirts, Bed Clothes, Underwear the lot! If it is washed it is ironed. (except socks and towels)

I do take stuff out straight away, although i fear i may be cramming too much in- hence everything being so creased.

Am currently awaiting results having "steamed" the shirt in the bathroom.

papa smurf
12-06-2007, 23:15
if you want your shirts right you have to get married

homealone
12-06-2007, 23:33
if you want your shirts right you have to get married

I've heard one of those steam cleaners on qvc will do - hang the shirt up, fit the appropriate nozzle & robert is your fathers brother ;)

papa smurf
12-06-2007, 23:37
I've heard one of those steam cleaners on qvc will do - hang the shirt up, fit the appropriate nozzle & robert is your fathers brother ;)

yea but would you want to wake up next to it

danielf
12-06-2007, 23:42
yea but would you want to wake up next to it

Depends if you fitted the appropriate nozzle? :erm: :)

superbiatch
12-06-2007, 23:43
Yes a man that can iron! Shirts, Trousers, T-shirts, Bed Clothes, Underwear the lot! If it is washed it is ironed. (except socks and towels)

You iron bedding and underwear?? Have you not got a life? :p:

Chris W
13-06-2007, 01:31
You iron bedding and underwear?? Have you not got a life? :p:

:shocked: i must have misread your user title... i'm sure it said "not really a bitch" ;)

superbiatch
13-06-2007, 09:54
:shocked: i must have misread your user title... i'm sure it said "not really a bitch" ;)

Yeh, but ironing your grundies???? :p: ;)

Angua
13-06-2007, 10:39
Yeh, but ironing your grundies???? :p: ;)

Number one item "not" to be ironed, 2nd being jeans. Neatly ironed jeans :Yikes: big no no!

As for your shirt, straight out of the wash straighten it out from collar to hem with sleeves lengthways down the sides, then pull into a long sausage (do not roll) & twist as if you are trying to wring it out as tight as you can (this should get rid of the fat creases and make loads of thin ones). Release the twist and hang on a hanger to dry.

superbiatch
13-06-2007, 10:41
Number one item "not" to be ironed, 2nd being jeans. Neatly ironed jeans :Yikes: big no no!

Especially with creases down the front!!! So eighties :p

Xaccers
13-06-2007, 13:14

Try telling that to my nan when she offered to do the washing!
My poor jeans

Saaf_laandon_mo
13-06-2007, 15:50
I iron my jeans flat...... i.e no crease down the middle. But undies...whats the point?

greencreeper
13-06-2007, 20:03
Ironed jeans on a man are symptomatic of mental illness and/or a social functioning disorder. Beware men in ironed jeans. And as for underpants :erm: I aren't likely to reject a man based on his un-ironed undies.

Maggy
13-06-2007, 20:37
Ironed jeans on a man are symptomatic of mental illness and/or a social functioning disorder. Beware men in ironed jeans. And as for underpants :erm: I aren't likely to reject a man based on his un-ironed undies.

Coggy pauses,thinks for a while and then decides to tip toe right past the joke that is contained somewhere in that posting...;)