PDA

View Full Version : Oh No - Is it another Traffic Management Thread?

Acathla
12-06-2007, 14:09
Sorry for starting 'yet another' thread but hopefully this one wont be open long as I am just looking for some intellectual to give me some idea what is happening to my connection.

I am in Wilmslow, covered by the Baguley exchange (i believe). I have not yet had the 20 meg upgrade (which I dont really care about) and was affected by the initial Traffic Management trial.

These days, from what I understand, because I am still on 10meg, I should not be affected by any Traffic Management. After 3gig of data download at any time in the day, I am affected by a reduced line to half my maximum speed. I have been unable to test how long this speed reduction goes on for unfortunately.

Now, It seems I am probably paying £37 a month for my BB since the price increase was not related to the 20 meg upgrade AND still being shaped even on 10meg.

All I want to know is are other folks in my area, or others, affected the same way as me on 10 meg? It's rather unfair if we pay more, dont get 20 meg AND get shaped in the process!

And is this all because the Baguley exchange is near capacity? How can I move to the Stockport exchange which is surely geographically closer ;)

Bill C
12-06-2007, 14:15
Sorry for starting 'yet another' thread but hopefully this one wont be open long as I am just looking for some intellectual to give me some idea what is happening to my connection.

I am in Wilmslow, covered by the Baguley exchange (i believe). I have not yet had the 20 meg upgrade (which I dont really care about) and was affected by the initial Traffic Management trial.

These days, from what I understand, because I am still on 10meg, I should not be affected by any Traffic Management. After 3gig of data download at any time in the day, I am affected by a reduced line to half my maximum speed. I have been unable to test how long this speed reduction goes on for unfortunately.

Now, It seems I am probably paying £37 a month for my BB since the price increase was not related to the 20 meg upgrade AND still being shaped even on 10meg.

All I want to know is are other folks in my area, or others, affected the same way as me on 10 meg? It's rather unfair if we pay more, dont get 20 meg AND get shaped in the process!

And is this all because the Baguley exchange is near capacity? How can I move to the Stockport exchange which is surely geographically closer ;)

You are being traffic managed
No you cannot be moved.

As for capacity i will take the 5th on that.

Simple questions with Simple answers.

:)

fizgog
12-06-2007, 14:16
I'm afraid it doesn't matter what area you are in, TM effects everybody.

I'm in the notts area which doesn't get 20Mb until July.

I think its there way of fixing the holes in the system

Acathla
12-06-2007, 14:16
You are being traffic managed
No you cannot be moved.

Simple questions and simple answers

That's how I like it :)

If I get a crane to move my house over the border can I be moved then :))

Bill C
12-06-2007, 14:18
That's how I like it :)

If I get a crane to move my house over the border can I be moved then :))

:LOL: i think so :)

Acathla
12-06-2007, 14:19
I only asked because I restrict my speed during the 4pm to midnight time and doing all my downloads during the night but when I do need the occasional file in the 'peak time' I was stuck on 5meg speeds.

* Just checked my bill and VM have changed my DD for the past couple months to £25 so it seems the have reduced my cost for a while.

Thumbs up!