PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like food poisoning?

Central
12-06-2007, 01:55
All I ate today was 4 quarter pounder burgers cooked on the George foreman grill. They was piping hot. I ate them all and since about 1pm when I had them I have had nothing else all day.

For the past 4-5 hours I have been feeling sick and a case of the eartha kitts. Now just 5 minutes ago I was sick five times and I still feel like crap and stomach aches.

So do you think it is?

on in an hour!
12-06-2007, 01:59
All I ate today was 4 quarter pounder burgers cooked on the George foreman grill. They was piping hot. I ate them all and since about 1pm when I had them I have had nothing else all day.

For the past 4-5 hours I have been feeling sick and a case of the eartha kitts. Now just 5 minutes ago I was sick five times and I still feel like crap and stomach aches.

So do you think it is?
youre pregnant m8, no question.:D :D :D and as for your alleigance with george foreman!! well!!

tomjleeds
12-06-2007, 02:20
Quite possibly. Of course, it could just be that your stomach isn't agreeing with a lot of greasy food (I know, George-d, but still) at once. Being sick doesn't really fit with that though.

Slowly keep drinking water, see if it lets up. If you feel any worse, get some proper medical advice. And, in future, don't rely on 'piping hot' with a contact grill - of course it's piping hot, it's being cooked by touching a hot plate ;) Always check inside meat cooked on a contact grill.

superbiatch
12-06-2007, 09:08
Did you check the meat was not pink inside? :(

Hope you're feeling better, there's nothing worse :erm:

jonbxx
12-06-2007, 09:33
I wouldn't have thought that infected meat would get you that quick. You would normally have a 1-5 day incubation period for Salmonella or E.coli. There are a few bugs that hit you quick but you normally get these from reheated rice or shellfish

Halcyon
12-06-2007, 09:58
Did you rush whilst eating or maybe you had too much meat to eat ?

Drink plenty of water and if it hasnt gone by today contact your doctor.
I hope you feel better soon.

Chris W
12-06-2007, 13:37
it's probably your body objecting to the masses of protein, combined with little carbohydrate and no fibre that the burgers contain.

Make sure you are eating balanced food and if symptoms continue then seek medical advice.

Maggy
12-06-2007, 14:06
4 Quarter Pounders?That a lot of meat to eat in one sitting.:Yikes:

For your next meal avoid fat,protein or green veg/fruit and try dry toast and honey or Marmite .If the symptoms continue after your next meal or they get worse then I think you will need to seek medical help.

Xaccers
12-06-2007, 14:10
You ate a pound of mechanically reclaimed "meat" and you're wondering why you're not feeling well????

When I ate a 64Oz (4lbs) steak I oozed fat for days, it was horrible but I had glossy hair (or was it greasy?).
Day or so afterwards, I nearly destroyed the toilet.
Lost weight too :)

alferret
12-06-2007, 16:02
Day or so afterwards, I nearly destroyed the toilet.
Lost weight too :)

LMAO :D:D:D

As for the OP, only 4 1\4lbs m8, ur a lightweight :D

joesnake
12-06-2007, 18:48
You ate a pound of mechanically reclaimed "meat" and you're wondering why you're not feeling well????

Just a pedantic point. mechanically reclaimed "meat" cannot be called meat and may not be used in burgers or sausages, if it is used the product cannot be called beef burgers or sausages.

daz300
12-06-2007, 19:06
Incubation periods are different for each cause of food poisoning. Some types produce symptoms and illness within 30 minutes to a few hours. Most cases of food poisoning take between 12-48 hours to develop and symptoms come on suddenly.

The symptoms of food poisoning can vary, depending on what has caused it. The most common symptoms are vomiting (http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/glossary/#Vomit), abdominal pain (http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/glossary/#Pain) and diarrhoea (http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/glossary/#Diarrhoea) due to inflammation (http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/glossary/#Inflammation) of the gastrointestinal tract (stomach (http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/glossary/#Stomach) and intestine).

link : http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=411&sectionId=31040

hope it helps daz300

Nugget
12-06-2007, 19:17
I wouldn't have thought that infected meat would get you that quick. You would normally have a 1-5 day incubation period for Salmonella or E.coli. There are a few bugs that hit you quick but you normally get these from reheated rice or shellfish

Point of order, but you can suffer from food poisoning at almost any time, regardless of the 'source' - Salmonella is usually contracted within 12 to 36 hours of ingestion, but can be also be from 6 - 72 hours...

EDIT: What daz said up there ^^ :) (mind you, I didn't have to go to NHSDirect to find out ;) )

Ramrod
12-06-2007, 19:35
Sounds like food poisoning to me. That or you have caught a 'bug'......

ladyboy
12-06-2007, 19:50
if you eat a pound of offal your gonna get sick

Maggy
12-06-2007, 19:54
if you eat a pound of offal your gonna get sick

Nothing wrong with offal...Liver is very good for one...Liver and onions..delicious!!!

Have to admit at drawing the lines at testicles and similar types of offal though.Now aren't you all glad to know that?;):D

Wicked_and_Crazy
12-06-2007, 20:06
Nothing wrong with offal...Liver is very good for one...Liver and onions..delicious!!!

Have to admit at drawing the lines at testicles and similar types of offal though.Now aren't you all glad to know that?;):D

hmmm had liver and onions for lunch today, yuummmmm

why do people assume that beef burgers are offal and mechanically reclaimed. Its minced beef

Theodoric
12-06-2007, 20:17

Well, yes, but a pound of it is a tad OTT. Personally, I prefer kidneys, especially as a steak and kidney pudding or pie.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Which reminds me of a joke I read - in the Guardian, I think - the other day.

There's this Spaniard and after every bullfight he goes to a local restaurant where they serve the bulls' testicles. Anyway, one day he is presented with a plate on which the said items are much smaller than usual.

He complains to the waiter who replies, "Sometimes the bull, he wins."

homealone
12-06-2007, 20:48
hmmm had liver and onions for lunch today, yuummmmm

why do people assume that beef burgers are offal and mechanically reclaimed. Its minced beef

Thankfully the labelling regulations now require explicit labelling of 'mechanically recovered meat' if it is present and it is not allowed to contribute to the declared meat content (nor is offal) - a beef burger must be minimum 67% meat.

Regarding Be* 's problem, it did seem to occur quite quickly after eating the burgers, as has been said that amount of meat at once can be an issue (from both ends - sorry ;) ) - but in my opinion it may either, have been something dodgy eaten before the burgers, (like Nugg says, it can take days for some infections to develop), or the meat had been allowed to grow bacteria which make toxins. At sufficient levels these toxins can produce the effects Be* describes - but usually much more quickly than an infection. Crucially, these toxins can be heat stable, so cooking may not reduce the risk once the toxin has been produced.

Xaccers
12-06-2007, 21:12
I remember FHM suggesting eating raw minced beef if you wanted to carry your own tape worm (beef ones are safe, other tape worms apparently aren't) to help with weight loss, which the said it doesn't anyway...

AntiSilence
12-06-2007, 21:13

:sick: Urgh!

homealone
12-06-2007, 22:18
I remember FHM suggesting eating raw minced beef if you wanted to carry your own tape worm (beef ones are safe, other tape worms apparently aren't) to help with weight loss, which the said it doesn't anyway...

to be fair, while tape worm cysts in raw meat aren't 'impossible' they are far less probable, lately, because less animals are likely to be eating human sewage, these days - but that is an assumption ;)

papa smurf
12-06-2007, 22:29
only us fat northeners can cope with that amount of grubbage ,your avin a porter house blue mate

Nugget
12-06-2007, 22:51
only us fat northeners can cope with that amount of grubbage ,your avin a porter house blue mate

Porterhouse blue? After that amount of meat, it's probably a stroke :disturbd:

EDIT: There's a really rude joke in there somewhere, but I just can't bring myself to publish it :D

Maggy
12-06-2007, 23:23
Porterhouse blue? After that amount of meat, it's probably a stroke :disturbd:

EDIT: There's a really rude joke in there somewhere, but I just can't bring myself to publish it :D

Go on you know you want to...:D