PDA

View Full Version : P*ss Poor customer service

Apness
11-06-2007, 16:18
Hi all (again)

Anyone else had problems with customer services?

My story is a short one - internet (10mb) went off last week, rung up tech service (call centre in India presumably) jumped through all the hoops - unplug, wait etc (I'd already tried all that anyway) TS said they'd arrange an engineer to come out and fix, gave reference, told me engineer would be here today (11th June) between 12-1600 hours. Also said if no one was in when engineer came round, they'd charge me £10.

Fine, whatever. In the meantime the internet came back on after 15+ hours, was going to cancel engineer but I've been having on/off service for a few months now. Speed is all over the place, barely 4mb instead of 10mb, so figured the engineer could check things out. Then internet went off again for 36 hours Friday/Saturday "no probs" thinks I, engineer round on Monday." comes back up on Sunday after several power off/power ons.

So today I wait, and wait. (Sun is shining, I have other places to be, don't want to get charged £10 for nothing though, and can get on with bathroom floro I suppose).

Rung tech service, quote reference etc. They didn't bother sending an engineer around because there are technical issues in the LS (not mine) postcodes, but just didn't bother telling me that's all. All Rashid or whatever his name is was interested in was whether the service was working right now rather than having had me wait in for someone not coming, and after their threat to charge £10 if I wasn't in. More or less got into a shouting match down the phone with the guy, told him their service was rubbish. "But your internet is working that's all that matters" - no what matters is that the customer is happy and Virgin Media have forgotten that, by employing robots that read off cards and forgetting that if you mess people around, they will vote with their feet.

So, I have intermittent 10mb broadband that sometimes gives me 6mb if I'm lucky, but it's working right now so all is well. And I don't need an engineer cause it's working but we won't tell you no one is coming round because we are rubbish. £10? It's cost me £300 to sit in all day with a day off work!

Ah well, at least I re-covered the bathroom floor and saved myself £10, that's until I check the bill of course. If I find out they've charged me for their mythical engineer to not come round I'll consider it the last straw.

Watch out for this £10 thing from their customer service. They will be charging 25p/minute plus a call connection fee from July as well to report faults on their own service it seems (call on an 0906 number..) so they'll not be in a hurry to fix stuff either or be too reliable.

I never had this trouble with NTL (well, apart from the TV going off from Saturday afternoon to Sunday night for 3 weekends on the trot with no explanation - that's why I went to sky for tv/phone services), looks like I'm going to have to try and get used to 2mb BB in the near future - that's the problem - rubbish BT phone lines won't give more speed :(

Safeman
11-06-2007, 16:30
welcome to VM m8 i have had more hassle with VM than NTL lol CS sucks BIG time

Druidymgee
12-06-2007, 09:12
dont get me started on the indian call centers. they have no idea what they are talkin about. after i got patched through to a tech guy he just fed me loads of numbers ot inpu and none of them worked. and he was really condesending because i was a kid. ******.

Ook-Tastic
12-06-2007, 11:29
this seems to be a common problem inhere and looks to be down to over subscription in certain areas (although i'm not saying that is your problem)
it is unlikely you will be billed regarding this engineer but seeing as how they cancelled the appointment without notice maybe you should try calling retentions and tell them what happened (if you stay calm with these guys they will generally do something as opposed to other departments)

hanzo
12-06-2007, 23:27
get dial up ;)

myriauk
12-06-2007, 23:42
anything is better than my VM connection at the minute, I'd get more speed if I put a hampster in a god damn wheel and wired it to the PC.

VM = sucks

aMIGA_dUDE
14-06-2007, 10:43
You have legal right to refuse to talk to any call centre outside EU. Just ask them are they working in a UK call centre, if they are outside UK you can ask to talk to someone within UK.

The reason is simple, they do not have any Data Protection type laws. As such you legal refuse to talk to them.

As word warning, do not say anything which could be viewed as racist. Otherwise you could have a knock on the door by the police. And at end of the day they are just call centre staff and they didn't give you the problem in first place they are try to fix a issue for you.

hanzo
23-06-2007, 16:52
VM are a waste of space..

bt here i come :p:

PAYNEARDO
23-06-2007, 20:32
You have legal right to refuse to talk to any call centre outside EU. Just ask them are they working in a UK call centre, if they are outside UK you can ask to talk to someone within UK.

The reason is simple, they do not have any Data Protection type laws. As such you legal refuse to talk to them.

As word warning, do not say anything which could be viewed as racist. Otherwise you could have a knock on the door by the police. And at end of the day they are just call centre staff and they didn't give you the problem in first place they are try to fix a issue for you.

When I had a problem with my broadband I asked to be connected to a UK call centre and they said they cant do it and it was the "luck of the draw" I said will just put the phone down untill I get one as I am fed up of scripted answers. When my internet was not working they talked me through taking out the proxy settings out of my browser even though I told them numerous times I did not have one in in my settings. It was quite comical really as he would stop for a few seconds and then continue reading throught the script. I even moved forward and told him that I have gone in to IE and checked it and they was no settings and again he stopped and then carried on from the script telling me what I had just told him :mad: :) :erm:. I must record the next time I have the mis-fortune of having to call them as it will be worth a mint with its comedy value :)