PDA

View Full Version : VM can give me free internet imo

myriauk
10-06-2007, 19:41
After all this ****ing trouble and technical ********, I give up, VM can just **** right off.

After spending literally months going back and forth from technical in india and wherever else based it is, I get a nice chap on the phone today called John, really good person knew exactly where I was coming from and the problems.

Well John told me the truth, There IS a problem with one of the data centers which basically allows everyone to connect to to get there internet, basically this data center CAN'T support the amount of people connecting thus making the speed inconceivably ****.

They have NO ETA when this will be fixed and all they could do was apologize for the inconvenience, well sorry but that is just not good enough, for months now this problem has been going on, Never obtaining a constant connection through-out the day, starts off at 10mb at around 4-5am then it just suddenly goes to about .5 of a mb, where is the damn fun in that?

So I and my family sleep at that time, also work. So when we get in from work/school, we would expect to be able to use the 10mb connection that we pay £37/month for, how is it fair that 2mb users are paying a lot less and getting 2mb which is more than what I'm paying £37/month for 10mb.

Tomorrow will be my last day phoning VM, customer relations. to either
A) get the Bill cut down to almost nothing until this problem is resolved and for also lack of service offered by VM.
B) To terminate the service.

There is no way I'm putting up for it anymore, from slow download speeds, to slow upload speeds, to slow browsing to everything. £37/month for a .5mb line is just insane.

Someone else posted here about bethere.co.uk that looks promising being that I'm quite close to the exchange, perhaps even SkyBB or BT would be able to offer better than £37/month for .5mb because at the minute I really feel like sending a V2 rocket at whichever muppet manages the technical aspects of VM.

This entire service is a joke.

- One ****ed off customer.

malcb
10-06-2007, 20:16
what area are you in as its the same excuse they gave me.

myriauk
10-06-2007, 20:19
telford area, TF7, technically to them Wolverhampton

malcb
10-06-2007, 20:24
well i am in the reading area so it looks like they might have a new script to read from.
i was told the ubr i am on has a problem, there is no time scale to when it will be fixed, he then gave me £20 credit and told me to ring back in 2 weeks if i still get slow connections

Efour
11-06-2007, 08:18
Took me over 2 months to get them to admit that the data centre/UBR was over subscribed.

Im paying 15 quid for my 20mbit until its fixed. ETA none...

NatTelford
11-06-2007, 10:36
I am in the TF2 area of telford and have not had any connection problems like that, i get 10mb 24/7. Only disapointment i have is that i have to wait for my upgrade, but impatients on my part is not there fault!

Diadem
11-06-2007, 12:49
well i am in the reading area so it looks like they might have a new script to read from.
i was told the ubr i am on has a problem, there is no time scale to when it will be fixed, he then gave me £20 credit and told me to ring back in 2 weeks if i still get slow connections

It aint no script its just a fact there are High util issues in alot of areas, As i said in another thread there are problems on the network that have been there sins last year. If they can aford to upgrade the equipment then it wont be repaired untill they can. I know there are parts that are on a 6 month back order from the campany that makes them.

CraigT
12-06-2007, 19:18
What ubr are you on in wolverhampton? cause if you look at the pending maintenance their is a card upgrade on ubr3 in the next few days so this might help you

I,m on ubr6 and i have hardly ever had problems with my internet pitty i could not say the same about my telephone and tv

No telephone line for 5 months now and it's past a joke :-(

NatTelford
12-06-2007, 19:28
After me saying i have not had any issues im having some now, new i shouldnt have opened my mouth! since i have had this new modem they gave me for the upgrade...... it keeps falling over .. all the lights are going as expected but i have to keep rebooting it to get connectivity :(

Trem
12-06-2007, 20:41
Took me over 2 months to get them to admit that the data centre/UBR was over subscribed.

Im paying 15 quid for my 20mbit until its fixed. ETA none...

i phoned up to cancel as i really had enought of the p*** poor service i was getting for my £35 a month, the speeds i get i can get cheaper on adsl, but thats an option i think i'll take as it cant be any worse then what i am getting know.

I got offered £12 a month for twelve months to stay with them whilst they sorted the problems out, ETA none also he said if it isnt fixed by then "just phone up again to cancel to keep the lower rate"

I'd rather pay full price and get the service they advertise:tu: