PDA

View Full Version : Ironing !!

Marge
08-06-2007, 22:32
We're off to a wedding tomorrow and him indoors needs a shirt ironing. He's pecking my head to iron it for him as I do it so well :rolleyes: however I think he's big enough now to iron his own :D:D

Who should iron it, answers on a postcard or vote on the poll please :)

EBO48
08-06-2007, 22:33
He Should

punky
08-06-2007, 22:34
They are your friends dear. I ain't bothered :)

Mal
08-06-2007, 22:34
Him, of course.

I've done my own ironing since high school... :)

Mr_love_monkey
08-06-2007, 22:37
Surely it's a case of sharing the duties? - if you iron he should do the washing?

Wicked_and_Crazy
08-06-2007, 22:40
Marge, he's bigging you up. He does a better job than you but he wants you to think you do the better job ;) Well you have to be good at something and its certainly not driving :Sprint:

danielf
08-06-2007, 22:42
I rarely wear shirts, and if I do my lovely wife irons them for me. I didn't even have an iron in the house before she moved in. Whenever I needed a shirt ironing I dropped it off at a local shop who ironed it for me for about £1.20. Saved me the hassle of buying and storing an iron and ironing board as well :)

Marge: Iron it for him, and demand payment in kind. Everybody happy ;)

Wicked_and_Crazy
08-06-2007, 22:43
I rarely wear shirts, and if I do my lovely wife irons them for me. I didn't even have an iron in the house before she moved in. Whenever I needed a shirt ironing I dropped it off at a local shop who ironed it for me for about £1.20. Saved me the hassle of buying and storing an iron and ironing board as well :)

Marge: Iron it for him, and demand payment in kind. Everybody happy ;)

Hmmm so he gets his shirt ironed and plays with the fun bags ;)

Mal
08-06-2007, 22:45
Whenever I needed a shirt ironing I dropped it off at a local shop who ironed it for me for about £1.20. Saved me the hassle of buying and storing an iron and ironing board as well :)
:Yikes: That's sooo lazy... ;)

danielf
08-06-2007, 22:45
Hmmm so he gets his shirt ironed and plays with the fun bags ;)
Like I said: Everybody happy :)

Hugh
08-06-2007, 22:46
He should.

Everyone in our house does their own ironing (teenagers included).

Marge
08-06-2007, 22:48
I'll let you know shortly how things are going, Mr Marge is making washing-up noises from the kitchen (loud enough for me to hear so I know he's doing it) so it may be a compromise.

He can wash and iron and I'll not nag him for the next half hour :) :)

danielf
08-06-2007, 22:48
:Yikes: That's sooo lazy... ;)

Why? If I only need a shirt ironing twice a year? Sound economics if you ask me. I could do that for 15 years and still save money compared to the cost of an iron and board. Plus, I don't have to own a clumsy ironing board that just takes up space.

Wicked_and_Crazy
08-06-2007, 22:50
I'll let you know shortly how things are going, Mr Marge is making washing-up noises from the kitchen (loud enough for me to hear so I know he's doing it) so it may be a compromise.

so basically you want your fun bags twiddled so your going to do it ;)

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Why? If I only need a shirt ironing twice a year? Sound economics if you ask me. I could do that for ten years and still save money compared to the cost of an iron and board. Plus, I don't have to own a clumsy ironing board that just takes up space.

Twice a year!!! oh i get it the rest of the time its so stiff it stands up on its own :D

Mal
08-06-2007, 22:51
Why? If I only need a shirt ironing twice a year? Sound economics if you ask me. I could do that for twenty years and still save money compared to the cost of an iron and board. Plus, I don't have to own a clumsy ironing board that just takes up space.So you don't iron anything else, like trousers, curtains, bed clothes, etc?

danielf
08-06-2007, 22:53
Twice a year!!! oh i get it the rest of the time its so stiff it stands up on its own :D

Nope. Twice a year is the average shirt wearing frequency for me. Just special occasions (Or shirts that don't really need ironing).

Maggy
08-06-2007, 22:56
What's ironing? :eh:

If it's mine I do it...but I have hardly anything that needs ironing..especially if I get it out of the dryer fast enough.Everyone else can live with the crumpled look if they don't want to iron.;)

Hey there's no vote for everyone should do their own share of the ironing...so much for the age of equality.

MovedGoalPosts
08-06-2007, 23:09
hmm, domestic squabbles :p: Should you really want to be washing your dirty linen in public ;)

And yep he should iron it. Buying a new shirt is a waste of time, they are usually creased from the packaging.

danielf
08-06-2007, 23:11
So you don't iron anything else, like trousers, curtains, bed clothes, etc?

Don't tell me you do? Do you iron your underwear?

Have I mentioned that I did not master the art of tying a tie until I was about 30 years old? I bought my first tie (and suit) at the age of 28.

I've actually gone into a tie shop at the airport (on my way to a job interview) to ask them if they could tie it for me. :) I can do it on my own these days. It takes about 15 minutes before I'm happy with it.

Pah, shirts, ties, ironing. You know you don't want to really...

Mal
08-06-2007, 23:15
Don't tell me you do? Do you iron your underwear?No, but some people do...

Have I mentioned that I did not master the art of tying a tie until I was about 30 years old? I bought my first tie (and suit) at the age of 28.

I've actually gone into a tie shop at the airport (on my way to a job interview) to ask them if they could tie it for me. :) I can do it on my own these days. It takes about 15 minutes before I'm happy with it.

Pah, shirts, ties, ironing. You know you don't want to really...School uniforms...you cannot be seen without a tie at school. ;)

danielf
08-06-2007, 23:17
School uniforms...you cannot be seen without a tie at school. ;)

We didn't have school uniforms :)

Mal
08-06-2007, 23:22
We didn't have school uniforms :)Ahhh...you don't know what you missed... ;)

homealone
08-06-2007, 23:25
I am the lucky user of 4 'magic' ironed shirts & 1 similar 'pair' of trousers, per week - my tie got washed, recently, too ;)

- but I prefer un-ironed sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers, towels, etc - especially if they have been dried outside in the sun :)

danielf
08-06-2007, 23:29
Ahhh...you don't know what you missed... ;)

Learning how to tie a tie obviously. Other than that, not much if the school uniforms I see are anything to go by.

TheNorm
08-06-2007, 23:33
Buy a new one tomorrow - problem solved

What, with that awful horizontal crease across the nipples? No thanks.

Marge
08-06-2007, 23:33
Well

I did it in the end :cry: only to be told that his trousers needed doing as well so I got well and truly duped :cry:

Anyway, going by Daniels price list I reckon I'm owed at least £2.40 :D so that's almost half my Olympic brekkie at The Little Chef we're going to paid for :drool:

cimt
08-06-2007, 23:36
I've never did ironing in my entire life and I'm 17. :D So I said you should do it, I've been brought up not doing my own ironing, that's why.

danielf
08-06-2007, 23:36
Well

I did it in the end :cry: only to be told that his trousers needed doing as well so I got well and truly duped :cry:

Anyway, going by Daniels price list I reckon I'm owed at least £2.40 :D so that's almost half my Olympic brekkie at The Little Chef we're going to paid for :drool:

Well done... Now go and demand your payment in kind :D

Mal
08-06-2007, 23:39
Well

Anyway, going by Daniels price list I reckon I'm owed at least £2.40 :D so that's almost half my Olympic brekkie at The Little Chef we're going to paid for :drool::knock: That's for giving in! ;)

joglynne
09-06-2007, 00:02
Well

I guess I'm not a nice person but if Mr Glynne did that to me he would have had creases down the sides of his trousers:D

Men always underestimate the value of things so I reckon that he owes you £4.80 which as a gentleman he should round up to the nearest £10. = Olympic breakfast completely paid for.:D

Angua
09-06-2007, 00:21
Only Iron what I really have to, but must admit hubby does his own. Years of training in the RAF where he had to do his own stuff (you should have seen the shine in his trousers) :rofl:

zing_deleted
09-06-2007, 00:23
I only iron for weddings and funerals

Nugget
09-06-2007, 00:28
I'm fully capable of ironing my own shirts but, ever since Pumpkin's been on maternity leave / working part time, she's ironed them for me. Having said that, it's muchly appreciated and I've lost count of the amount of times that I've told her that she doesn't need to :shrug:

Mind you, my trousers are never / rarely ironed - if you buy 'em cheap enough, it's easier to just get another pair :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
09-06-2007, 00:43
Mind you, my trousers are never / rarely ironed - if you buy 'em cheap enough, it's easier to just get another pair :D

Saves struggling to get the stains out i guess :D

Nugget
09-06-2007, 01:31
Saves struggling to get the stains out i guess :D

Oi! It's only the stains that are keeping some of them together ;)

joglynne
09-06-2007, 01:46
Too much information Nugget. :D

Gareth
09-06-2007, 02:10
What I wanna know is why Gav has let you outta the kitchen in the first place?!?

Nedkelly
09-06-2007, 07:10
I would iron my own .But my wifes Gran comes round twice a week and does all the ironing and some house work because shes bored and likes to keep herself busy :tu: i cant complain

Hugh
09-06-2007, 08:34
Only Iron what I really have to, but must admit hubby does his own. Years of training in the RAF where he had to do his own stuff (you should have seen the shine in his trousers) :rofl:

He should use brown paper or a damp tea towel (stops the shine) - old trick taught to me at Swinderby ;)

Halcyon
09-06-2007, 11:51
Teach him how to iron it properly and then once he knows, he can do it himself.