PDA

View Full Version : I Have Left Virgin Media After Seven Years

Albie
08-06-2007, 15:07
Very sad, but true. :(

And all over two discounts which were removed from my bill which couldn't or wouldn't be put back on. :confused:

I must say the lady at retentions didn't do a very good job of retaining. She unintentionally told me I would get a better deal with Sky as she told me the distance from my house to the BT exchange would mean only 4MB would be possible from Sky's £10 package, when she was offering me 2MB for £10 with Virgin. :dunce:

Mick Fisher
08-06-2007, 15:21
Hope you get on alright with ADSL. :) I'm afraid it was carp when I tried it. :(

dev
08-06-2007, 15:21
what were the discounts and what were they applied for?

Diadem
08-06-2007, 15:26
I hope you aint a gamer or you will not be very happy with sky.

Albie
08-06-2007, 15:28
what were the discounts and what were they applied for?

A light user phone discount and the non direct debit charge. These were put on years ago before I'd even heard of retentions or knew they could lower your bill.

xspeedyx
08-06-2007, 16:07
O well retentions arent there just to lower ur bill they are there for people who want to seriously wanna disconnect not just cuz u want ur bill lower god dam cheapo's

Albie
08-06-2007, 16:21
O well retentions arent there just to lower ur bill they are there for people who want to seriously wanna disconnect not just cuz u want ur bill lower god dam cheapo's

I didn't ask for the discounts to be put on. The bloke put them on years ago when I phoned to cancel. This was, as I said, before I'd heard of retentions.

When they were taken off my bill went up to an amount which I can't afford. Do you see?

xspeedyx
08-06-2007, 18:17
I didn't ask for the discounts to be put on. The bloke put them on years ago when I phoned to cancel. This was, as I said, before I'd heard of retentions.

When they were taken off my bill went up to an amount which I can't afford. Do you see?

Well at no point did u say u couldnt afford the services

JackSon
08-06-2007, 18:23
Well at no point did u say u couldnt afford the services
In all fairness he hadn't said he originally sought the discounts either, yet you assumed he had and gave him an insult thereof.

blade85
08-06-2007, 18:35
thats a shame :(

Im quite happy with the discounts i get for taking "bundle deals" by mixing some of the services.

mcgeezer
08-06-2007, 23:08

Whay have you been spending your inflation rises on then each year?

:)