PDA

View Full Version : need bootloader for motorola SB4100i

outindadark
08-06-2007, 12:38
i need the bootloader for an SB4200i as i had accidently currupted the orignal on there, i flashed it with a different bootloader ( that was ment to work but only the power light shows )
can you give me a link to download the bootloader

thanks

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

I MENT SB4200i IN THE TITLE

Diadem
08-06-2007, 12:41
Is this a Virginmedia Modem If so then i would call them and get an engineer. Your really should not do this kind of thing to somthing you dont not own. you find most ISP's own the modem you only get them on "loan".

dilli-theclaw
08-06-2007, 12:41
Were you trying to update the firmware or something? - For what reason?

Welcome by the way :tu:

zing_deleted
08-06-2007, 12:49
he wants to hack it maybe?

Diadem
08-06-2007, 12:51
tbh he should not be doing this under any reason except if he is from the usb where you can buy and use your own modem. from the fact hes posting here its VM modem and should not be doing this.

dilli-theclaw
08-06-2007, 12:53
I thought you could own a motorola sutfboard? - Actually I know at least one person who does.

Anyway I await the op's response as to WHY he's doing it.

Diadem
08-06-2007, 13:00
you used to be able to buy them but no more there was no point as if it went tits up you might have to buy a new one. wouldnt see why you would want to buy it anyway.

We shall see tho

Stuart
08-06-2007, 13:30
I doubt he'll be back. He has put his email in the post.

zing_deleted
08-06-2007, 13:57
I own 2 but modifying them to use on the VM network is illegal is there anywhere else they can use them here?

Diadem
08-06-2007, 14:00
Nah mate I dont know of any other cable Broadband/ISP's in the Uk that would use them.

Think we have scared him off.

outindadark
08-06-2007, 15:43
ok... one.. i own this modem not virgin media nor any other company... two.. all i asked for is somebody to send me the orginal bootloader for the modem... and three.. whats with all the questions..

to any of you people out there that are going to ask where did i get the modem take a look on ebay...

dev
08-06-2007, 15:48
ok... one.. i own this modem not virgin media nor any other company... two.. all i asked for is somebody to send me the orginal bootloader for the modem... and three.. whats with all the questions..

to any of you people out there that are going to ask where did i get the modem take a look on ebay...

the main question is, what are you doing with it? seeing as virgin is the only cable ISP you can't be connecting it to an ISP, soo what you doing with it? :p:

zing_deleted
08-06-2007, 15:51

chances are your recieving stolen goods mate your nicked ;) vm may well have the mac ;)

outindadark
08-06-2007, 15:53
the main question is, what are you doing with it? seeing as virgin is the only cable ISP you can't be connecting it to an ISP, soo what you doing with it? :p:

why would you want to know :confused:

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

chances are your recieving stolen goods mate your nicked ;) vm may well have the mac ;)

lol haha... maybe so... i had no idea it was stolen ;) rolls eyes vm cant have the mac... if i change it

dilli-theclaw
08-06-2007, 15:55
If you are having problems with your current modem then call faults and have them fix it.

Discussion of illigal activity such as theft of service is not permitted here.

When you can PM me and tell me WHY you need to do this, seeing as it looks like you are trying to connect to VM with a modem y ou bought from ebay then I'll reopen the thread, until then thread closed.