PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Bill Cockup

hokkers999
07-06-2007, 16:32
Just got my bill and noticed that I had been charged for an extra 1/3 of a month on phone call package (not line rental) and internet (xl) just under £20. They had also added back on the £5 charge for not paying by DD, despite ths having been removed three times already.

Called 150 and spoke to a very helpful guy in billing who explained that they have had the authority to cancel the non-DD charged withdrawn from them and I was stuck with it unless I wanted to set-up a DD.

Which if I had done means I would be light by £20 in the bank right now and waiting for them to give it back, they are working through them apparently but hadn't got to mine yet. Asked the price of the 2meg package and was told £18, so I downgraded from 10 meg to 2 meg and saved myself £14/month!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot and knowing sod all about customer loyalty. I have been with Virgin (NTL) since February 2000 and there is no extra cost to them for me not using DD as I pay by online banking AFTER I have carefully checked the bill. Funny thing is if they hadn't cocked up the bill I probably wouldn't have rung them about the fiver :D

And I'm now off the net to see if the BT phone package is cheaper! This total lack of customer care could end up costing Virgin £39/month.