PDA

View Full Version : Periods

Halcyon
07-06-2007, 12:22
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about this as I am reading conflicting information. Salu, Ramrod ?
A couple of questions that we have been trying to figure out....

1. If you had your period last month and towards the end of the month you had brown blood bleeding for over 8 days or so, what could this be ?
These are just little drops of blood.
Surely the last period should be finished and it is too early for the next one ?
A coulpe of days later the normal period came for this month.

2. At what stage should you count the days from when wanting to find out the best time of ovulation. I'm confused.
Is it from the first drop of blood you see of your period or only once you have the big amount of blood.

3. Am I right it is 10 days from this to the time you ovulate ?

Thanks for the help.
It would put our mind at rest as everywhere I look someone says something different.
I'd ask the doctor, but thought I'd ask here first to see if any one knows.

Thanks in advance.
halcyon.

Valerie
07-06-2007, 16:31
Halycyon

Info gathered from the web via quick google search:

1. Spotting is common before and after periods and mid cycle. I'm not sure though from your description when you brown bleeding (old blood) occurred in your cycle.

2. The first day of your period is the first day of normal blood flow - not spotting.

3. I thought it was 12 - 16 days from ovulation to 1st day of next period, but that 1st day of period to ovulation was not fixed (unless of course you have perfectly regular cycles which I never did).

There are plenty of web sites with information on ovulation and recognition of the signs for best hopes of conception. Best of luck on getting pregnant - children are wonderful!

etccarmageddon
07-06-2007, 16:37
ovulation is usually around 2 weeks after the period starts. around about the time PMT begins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle

joglynne
07-06-2007, 16:37
Quite a long time since I was asking the some of the same questions.

As far as the timing of your ovulation goes I took my temperature before I got up each morning and noted the result on a chart each day. On ovulation your bodies temp rises so using this method gives a much more accurate picture.

I have found this site which will explain better than I can. http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/basal-body-temperature.htm

Jo

Halcyon
07-06-2007, 17:11
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It is some good info.

For those that don't know I'm a guy, so I'l be passing on the info.
It's good to know when to start counting from and I will look into us trying the temperature method as we havent tried that as yet.

Thankyou :)

zing_deleted
07-06-2007, 17:23
if you were a bird you would post these question on a girly forum so its obvious ;)

budwieser
07-06-2007, 17:48
if you were a bird you would post these question on a girly forum so its obvious ;)
Lol, :D

Hugh
07-06-2007, 17:49
and your point being? :D

zing_deleted
07-06-2007, 17:50
non compos mentis ;)

Ramrod
07-06-2007, 18:18
Salu is the best one to ask about this......and your own doctor :)

budwieser
07-06-2007, 18:28
"I don`t trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn`t die." :D
(Mr Garrison) Southpark.
Seriously though, good luck on trying for a little one mate.:tu:

zing_deleted
07-06-2007, 18:34
Salu is the best one to ask about this......and your own doctor :)

rammy your not reading properly again he says its for a friend so he wont be asking the doctor she will surely ;)

Halcyon
07-06-2007, 19:34
Thanks everyone. :)

joglynne
07-06-2007, 19:39
Halcyon. Sorry about giving you a sex change. :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
07-06-2007, 19:42
Thanks everyone. :)

You might find this useful Linky (http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/k/kingfisher/nesting.asp);)

Halcyon
07-06-2007, 19:56
You might find this useful Linky (http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/k/kingfisher/nesting.asp);)

Thanks. That is erm.......great. :erm: :D

I'll read up on the links and info people have provided.
There really is so much information.
Info on ways to increase chances of pregnancy, info on fertility, things to avoid, things to do, there's so much to think about.

It's truly turning into more of a worry than a happy thought at the moment.
We'l just have to see how things go I guess.

Jules
07-06-2007, 20:36
Depends how long her cycle is, if it is the normal 28 days then the most fertile time is round about the 14th day :)

Good luck ;)

Halcyon
07-06-2007, 20:47
Thanks Jules :)

Wicked_and_Crazy
07-06-2007, 20:51
Thanks. That is erm.......great. :erm: :D

Well it does reflect your chosen id ;)

Xaccers
07-06-2007, 23:07
According to that program on humans by Robert Winston, if you let her stay the night away on a business trip with another man, it'll make you produce more sperm...

How long have you been trying for?

Halcyon
07-06-2007, 23:18
For a while.
We are also going through fertility tests as there might be a few problems :( so we are awaiting news to see as right now things don't look too good. So we can only hope and see.

Maggy
07-06-2007, 23:29
Not every woman has a 28 day cycle..I had a 32 day cycle myself so it may mean that the vital few days may not be occurring when she expects.I did however get pregnant WHEN I chose to do so..twice. :tu:

Good luck!

Halcyon
07-06-2007, 23:32

budwieser
08-06-2007, 00:02
Don`t Halfords do menstrual cycles? seems they sell everything else nowadays.:D

Halcyon
08-06-2007, 00:06
Don`t Halfords do menstrual cycles? seems they sell everything else nowadays.:D

:banghead: :D

Paul
08-06-2007, 00:37
Sorry but this is very borderline material (suitability wise) for a family forum, since the OP has his answer this is being closed.