PDA

View Full Version : clearasil

wwe
06-06-2007, 12:11
does it really get rid of spots and blackhead?

MovedGoalPosts
06-06-2007, 12:31
Different products will work for different skin types and issues. What works for one person won't for another. If you've got a really oily skin I doubt anythign would solve a problem but it might reduce it.

Paul K
06-06-2007, 12:36
Talk to your doctor if you think you are suffering a skin complaint. A lot of acne cases can not be controlled or cleared up without proper treatment. Clearasil never worked for me but skin washes with Tea Tree in them are very good.

NoKnowledge
06-06-2007, 13:27
does it really get rid of spots and blackhead? Nothing on the market "gets rid of spots".

As long as you keep the skin clean, you'll be helping to aid your skin better and drink plenty of water and don't touch the spots/acne with your fingers - you have dirt (even though you might think its clean) on your fingers (includes perspiration/oils from your fingers) and that will rub off into the spots/acne.

Edit> Doesn't matter what product you use, as long as you have a routine, you'll be helping your skin.

Halcyon
06-06-2007, 21:45
I have found WhichDoctor Hazle stick works for small spots.

I had a lot of acne in my teens and went to see my doctor.
There are various tablets you can take and one of the strongest is Roaccutane. (No idea of the spelling).
It can dry your skin and I had cracked lips, nose bleeds, so it is the last solution.

Tezcatlipoca
06-06-2007, 21:47
Yeah, Witch-hazel "Witch Doctor" is very good.

Toothpaste can actually be useful sometimes, too.

wwe
10-06-2007, 15:56
which stuff gets rid of blackheads the most

Halcyon
10-06-2007, 22:05
I think that when it gets to the more advanced stage you need to treat the problem with a prescribed cream or prescribed tablets to fight it from the inside.
Your doctor can reccomend what is best for you.

Nidge
11-06-2007, 20:16
does it really get rid of spots and blackhead?

Don't use soap on your face, soap is the major cause of blackheads.

wwe
11-06-2007, 20:33
Don't use soap on your face, soap is the major cause of blackheads.

how is it?

Xaccers
13-06-2007, 12:13
how is it?

This may be of interest to you
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6748207.stm

Salu
13-06-2007, 12:54
Having acne, wwe at your age is a very common problem and understandably embarrassing. I would recommend a visit to your Dr who is very used to seeing this sort of problem and will offer you some advice and reassurance. Certain drugs can cause or worsen the problem and so reviewing your medication will be worthwhile.

If you’re interested the cause is not entirely known but there is some debate over the sebaceous glands' overreaction to a surge in certain pubescent hormones or indeed certain bacteria may be to blame.

As to the effectiveness of clearosil. I'm not sure.... but its cheap enough to try..:)

Damien
13-06-2007, 13:26
I never use soap (i do use shower gel, face wash, and carex though before someone gets smart), Have very few problems. The face wash I use seems to be very good for this kind of stuff since I rarely have spots since I started using it. Nivea face wash

Gareth
13-06-2007, 13:45
Solutions containing salicylic acid are, in my experience, the most effective.

Johnson & Johnson's Clean & Clear is effective

Xaccers
13-06-2007, 14:30
The only body washing products I use are shampoo and handwash.
I just shower regularly.
If I had the oppertunity, I'd stop using shampoo and let my hair return to it's natural clean state.

wwe
15-04-2009, 01:16
has anyone used this it when i looked in shop it says there get rid of them in 1 week do they?

Halcyon
15-04-2009, 01:38
That is the marketing blab they tell you in the advert. Whether it clears up in a week will depend on several factors such as how many spots you have, how developped they are, and how each person reacts to the treatment.

I had spots when I was younger and had creams, tablets, everything. But you will probably find that they will eventually go away as you get older.

Which Doctor stick seemed to work for me.

Turkey Machine
15-04-2009, 13:57
<rant>
Clearsil is absolutely effing useless, when I had acne as a teen I tried using that stuff. 6 months I was on it, no bloody change whatsoever, had no effect on me at all. Still have acne problems today, so a couple years ago I went to the doctor who prescribed me with tablets and a better cream, and my face and back/shoulders are far better for it. :)
</rant>

Chris
15-04-2009, 14:02
has anyone used this it when i looked in shop it says there get rid of them in 1 week do they?

Why are you suddenly going round the forum resurrecting ancient threads you started on the subject of self-beautification?

Have you got yourself a girlfriend? :D

Russ
15-04-2009, 14:03
The general Clearasil isn't all that good but their "3 day action" range is really good, although expensive.

From a 34 year old who still sometimes gets spots...

mrmistoffelees
15-04-2009, 14:31
I can get very greasy skin and have tried several 'products' that supposedly would be able to help. However I'm currently using Boots No7 for men which is facewash, facescrub and also showergel which does seem to me at least to have made quite a considerable improvement to my skin.

Another thing is shaving, All the stuff like Gillete 'Mach 3 turbo ninja hot hatch stealth fusion transformers ben 10' will do your skin no good whatsoever. By this I mean the razor and the alleged 'shave gel'

If you are getting spots in that area then might I suggest the following

A Merkur Futur double edge safety razor (About thirty five quid, but ten platinum blades are only about four quid)
A proper shaving brush, synthetic is ok but preferably badger (Anywhere between £8 to over £100 for silver badger hair)
Shaving cream (Not soap as previously posted this will dry out skin) (Geo Trumpers rose or sandalwood about £16)

The above has considerably helped me with shaving and skin issues

lauzjp
15-04-2009, 14:38
totally agree with turkey machine; clearasil didn't do anything for me either I'm afraid!

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

hubby's skin has improved considerably since using clinique.

and I should think so too, the amount it costs! :rolleyes: worth it though. :tu:

I wonder if wwe's skin is easily affected by diet? I find it very true that if I / hubby eat chocolate / fried food / takeaways one week and then have salads & lots of water the next week - first week we'll have spots. 2nd week; all peachy! :D

mrmistoffelees
15-04-2009, 14:54
totally agree with turkey machine; clearasil didn't do anything for me either I'm afraid!

and I should think so too, the amount it costs! :rolleyes: worth it though. :tu:

I wonder if wwe's skin is easily affected by diet? I find it very true that if I / hubby eat chocolate / fried food / takeaways one week and then have salads & lots of water the next week - first week we'll have spots. 2nd week; all peachy! :D

But dying for a takeaway....;):p:

Maggy
15-04-2009, 15:38
Put toothpaste on it.I got that from my daughter when she was younger and suffered from the occasional spot.Tried it myself(yes this 57 year old biddy still gets the odd spot or two) and it works.

Personally my favourite is Gin.It dries the spots out and as a last resort if you drink enough of it you won't care about the spots...;)

iFrankie
15-04-2009, 15:50
i used this stuff but i ended up with more spots lol

Saaf_laandon_mo
15-04-2009, 16:40
Is it PC to say blackheads anymore? Would I have a case against Clearasil? ;)

Halcyon
15-04-2009, 19:24
If it is truly taking over and nothing is stopping it your doctor may prescribe you Roacuttane. (Spelling?)
It isnt the nicest of treatments as it gave me nose bleeds and dried out my skin so my lips would hurt.

But it did the job.

lucy7
15-04-2009, 22:36
WWE.......eat well, fruit and veg and all that, always helps!
Keep the booze to moderation, along with the cakes and crisps!

Change your tag name to VWE, and you are sorted.

(Running away.............again!)

AndyCambs
15-04-2009, 23:25
There's nothing wrong with a bit of carbolic and a good scrub!

Saaf_laandon_mo
16-04-2009, 11:10
WWE.......eat well, fruit and veg and all that, always helps!
Keep the booze to moderation, along with the cakes and crisps!

Change your tag name to VWE, and you are sorted.

(Running away.............again!)

So size does matter? (pokes out extremely long tongue):PP:

Julian
16-04-2009, 11:54

AAAAARGH that word should be in the filter.....she's not around is she?:erm: