PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy customer, service is poor

darrencftse
05-06-2007, 22:51
Beware: long story

Ok, i thought with virgin media taking over NTL, i thought that the service would get better and problems i been receiving with my broadband would finally get fix.

I found out today that this wasn't true, i've been getting problems where my broadband would lose connection and the ready light on the modem would start to flash, as if the modem reset itself, been happening for neally 2 months now, so i rang them to get it fix.

First call 6.30pm, rang and spoke to person regarding the situation, he told me that to turn of the modem and wait a few second before turning back on again, strange as i told him that it was working fine at the moment and the problem comes and goes, but i did what he told me, then he said please ring back once the problems return.

30mins went, problem return, so i gave them a call, spoke to a lady and told the same story, she said she would get an engineer out, great, finally it would get fix, couple of mins, she returns saying that her system was slow/not working and that she couldn't book the engineer and told me to ring back in a hour.

So i waited, the internet seemed fine then the problem returned and about this time it was around 8-9pm, rang them up and explained the problem again, the person went through and notice that the modem has reset itself 300 times in the past 2 months (not good), we joked a bit and he would book an engineer, more waiting and he came back and said that my brodband account was inactive, strange as i've been with ntl/virgin media for some time now, he transfered me to customer service and i explained about the account, the lady told me it was active and that i should ring them back.

9.30 - 10.00pm, about this time i was getting really sick and tired and i want this to get fix, rang them back and told what customer service said, so he went and check this out, and he came back saying that there wasn't a package on the broadband and because of that they can't send an engineer out, i asked them what is this package, from what i gathered, is that they merge my internet bill and phone bill together (which they failed to even let me know about this) and because of this merge i don't have a package on my broadband.

So from 6.30 to 10.00pm all i got was a lot grieve and hassle, and now i have to ring them back again tomorrow to get a package and then get an engineer out, all i want ius to get my broadband fix.

Has anybody experience big problems with customer service when trying to get something sorted.

So so sorry for the long story but i really want to get this anger out and express my feelings about the service i received.

MovedGoalPosts
05-06-2007, 23:24
One day Virgin Media will empower their faults staff to resolve database issues like this that in turn will enable them to actually serve customers. One would have hoped that the new culture of rebranding ntl:telewest would finally have resulted in call centre staff being able to take proper ownership of issues rather than pass the buck telephone ping pong.

Cable Forum has developed a senior level contact with Virgin Media that has been able to cut through the systems. If you would like me to get them involved, please PM (Private Message) me with your account name, customer number, address, and a daytime contact phone number. I'll forward this on.