PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye

greencreeper
03-06-2007, 22:24
I'm thinking of arranging a mid-life crisis, now that I'm almost thirty. My intention is to dye my hair neon pink. I'm not entirely certain how difficult this is or where I might obtain the dye. Any input would be appreciated.

multiskilled
03-06-2007, 22:50
What colour is your hair now, it's best to bleach your hair first. Get your bleach from superdrug Gerome Russell is the best as they do it for blonde and dark brown hair. my daughter gets her pink hair dye from Tesco.
If you want a real mid life crisis hair style I can recommend a Mohawk, I had one for my daughters 21st birthday party it went down a storm! :eeek:

r1ch
03-06-2007, 23:09
Hmm, I was gonna post to be careful - dying bleached hair can make it go strange colours, but I guess that's what you're after anyway...

greencreeper
03-06-2007, 23:11
Have a look at my profile, multiskilled - there's a pic of me. I didn't want too extreme just in case work objected. The manager once complained about my t-shirt colour - this was on a dress down day. "Too dressed down". Facist.

Explain "funny", r1ch

Fingy
03-06-2007, 23:18
Pink fades very quickly and looks crap, so be prepared with more to touch it up or to re-dye it darker.

greencreeper
03-06-2007, 23:20
Is there a colour that doesn't fade so much. Blue maybe? Or green?

The Jackal
03-06-2007, 23:34
I'm thinking of arranging a mid-life crisis, now that I'm almost thirty. My intention is to dye my hair neon pink. I'm not entirely certain how difficult this is or where I might obtain the dye. Any input would be appreciated.

Bleech it blonde and cut really short like this enimem fool or whatever he is called.

An ex colleague did this when he was going through the same phase of his life. I admire his guts as we were both consulting at an investment bank smack in middle of canary wharf at the time.

greencreeper
03-06-2007, 23:37
I like a 4 on the top and a 2 around the sides. It's a bit long at the moment - a haircut is on my list of things to sort out, but it's difficult finding the time.

It was either the hair or a piercing. I figured the hair was safer :D

The Jackal
03-06-2007, 23:39
I like a 4 on the top and a 2 around the sides. It's a bit long at the moment - a haircut is on my list of things to sort out, but it's difficult finding the time.

Pansy.

Do yourself a favour or you never will.

1 on the sides blend the top. Then peroxide blonde the lot.

greencreeper
03-06-2007, 23:43
Pansy
:shocked: Thanks :D

Is this is the stuff you meant, multiskilled - http://www.superdrug.com/invt/42293

The Jackal
03-06-2007, 23:47

Is this is the stuff you meant, multiskilled - http://www.superdrug.com/invt/42293

No mate - we dont want you looking like a 'vestite.

I was thinking of that hard white peroxide. When my mate did it : He looked WELL COOL without looking intimidating.

multiskilled
04-06-2007, 00:11
Have a look at my profile, multiskilled - there's a pic of me. I didn't want too extreme just in case work objected. The manager once complained about my t-shirt colour - this was on a dress down day. "Too dressed down". Facist.

Explain "funny", r1ch

Actually I did after i had posted, and thought no way is he going to manage a Mohawk. I was lucky and had the day off work the next day so just shaved it off went into work bald raised a few eyebrows but nothing else. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 23:56 ----------

yes this is the make but for this bottle you've shown you need to buy the separate powder bleach.the Jerome Russel kit is in a box where you get the bottle of peroxide, the powder bleach, a sachet of special shampoo and conditioner to wash it all off with ,its the best kit on the market imho. http://www.superdrug.com/invt/678623

---------- Post added at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Go for both I've had one since I was 18. My dad thought I was gay when I did, it mind you he wouldn't even use aftershave.