PDA

View Full Version : Help! Fan website is ripping me off!

pop80_uk
03-06-2007, 12:36
Hi there

Basically I got two memberships to Inner Sanctum (Robbie Williams fanclub) last year mainly to get the tickets to the Robbie Williams Concert.
I had no intention of renewing either and got two e-mails stating that If I did nothing my membership would not renew, and another saying my payment could not be collected. Great I thought!

However yesterday (2nd June 2007) I recieved two e-mails saying my renewal had been successful. So I quickly visted the website and got a completely conflicting news item on renewals saying they had sent out an e-mail with a user specific link, I did not recieve this at either of my e-mail addresses and the infomation I got in the e-mails is totally different to that of the website!!:td:

Ive e-mailed them 3 - 4 times with no reply and called but its engadged.:mad:

My questions......
1) Has anyone else had this happen to them on another site or this one?
2) Is there anything I can do to stop the payment?
3) Legally where do I stand, who can I bring to the party to help me!?
4) Any help or adivce on what to do?

Thanks for your help in advance:tu:;)

r1ch
03-06-2007, 13:03
Just ring your credit card/direct debit company and explain the situation. If you have an email saying that your membership won't renew automatically then they had no right to charge you and your credit card company or bank should reverse the charge.

JediMaster
03-06-2007, 13:03
My questions......
2) Is there anything I can do to stop the payment?

Ring or Visit your Bank & Request a "Charge Back" if they DONT reply. A Charge Back will refund you money & cost the company a fee of $20 ish :p:

Subscription to the Inner Sanctum will cost just £30 (renewable after the initial 12 Months).

http://shop.robbiewilliams.com/pages/innersanctum.asp

Small Print:
The subscription fee is annual and after the initial 12 month period, will be renewed automatically.
+
Subscription is non-refundable.

To cancel your contract in this way, please first contact us either by email to shop@robbiewilliams.com or by telephone on 08700 428 570 from the UK or +44 (0) 1926 460630 for international calls quoting your name, address and order reference number.

cookie_365
03-06-2007, 15:34
If you have an email confirming that the subscription won't be renewed, you're laughing :)

Do as r1ch suggests and contact your credit card company.

There's nothing illegal about automatically renewing subscriptions as such - after all, I'd be pretty irritated if my mobile went dead or my broadband connection stopped because I hadn't remembered to renew ;)

So long as it's what I agreed to when I took out the contract, of course