PDA

View Full Version : Language compatibility issues

maxxximus
02-06-2007, 22:37
Bought a new laptop abroad, operating system is windows xp (portuguese) tried to install ntl software cd but installation doesn't start (when flash presentation starts a message appears saying the software is not compatible with my operating system language. does anyone know if there is a way around this that will allow me to install the software and usemy new laptop?

Thank you in advance.

maverick
02-06-2007, 22:54
Yes you can do it manualy.

Connect the modem to laptop,direct the browser to 80.5.178.26

follow on screen instructions.

Teflon
02-06-2007, 22:56
Have you tried changing the "Regional and Language Options"?

If not, goto Start -> Control Panel - (Switch to Classic view if required - should be on the left) -> Select Regional and Language Options

And then change the "Standards and Formats" on the "Regional Options" tab to "English (United Kingdom)" and the "Location" to "United Kingdom".

Select the "Languages" tab -> Details and the "Text Services and Input Languages" box should appear. Click "Add" and select "English (United Kingdom)" and click "OK". Highlight the current default installed service and click "Remove".

See if that helps.

mcgeezer
02-06-2007, 22:57
I would ring up the support line.

I'm assuming you've changed the language to English on XP already so it must be coded into Windows XP.

I bet there's a registry hack you can do - I'll investigate it a bit further after Fight Club or maybe tommorrow.

maxxximus
02-06-2007, 23:05
Have you tried changing the "Regional and Language Options"?

If not, goto Start -> Control Panel - (Switch to Classic view if required - should be on the left) -> Select Regional and Language Options

And then change the "Standards and Formats" on the "Regional Options" tab to "English (United Kingdom)" and the "Location" to "United Kingdom".

Select the "Languages" tab -> Details and the "Text Services and Input Languages" box should appear. Click "Add" and select "English (United Kingdom)" and click "OK". Highlight the current default installed service and click "Remove".

See if that helps.

Thank you. will try doing that

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Yes you can do it manualy.

Connect the modem to laptop,direct the browser to 80.5.178.26

follow on screen instructions.

thank you for your help :)

maverick
You do not need to change any language settings,simply connect modem to the laptop,put 80.5.178.26 into your internet explorer address bar and press enter.
This will load the vm registration screen.

maxxximus
I would ring up the support line.

I'm assuming you've changed the language to English on XP already so it must be coded into Windows XP.

I bet there's a registry hack you can do - I'll investigate it a bit further after Fight Club or maybe tommorrow.

cheers :tu: