PDA

View Full Version : Ebay advice

nemesis01
02-06-2007, 14:04
I just sold a graphics card on Ebay, 256MB 6600GT PCI-E for total £40, now a couple of days after it sold the guy mailed me and said he didn't want it because it had some issues with Vista (so his mate thinks anyway), so he went out and bought a radeon or something. Anyway, the guy wants me to relist the item, he has offered to pay listing fees but so far I have refused because in my mind, he should have done more research into the item before buying.

Thing is, I don't want to relist the item, in my mind this buyer should pay for it as he entered into a contract with me (of sorts) when he pressed the buy button. Am I right to try and get the money for the item from this buyer?

Jon T
02-06-2007, 14:11
Technically this turns the buyer into a non-paying bidder, and you could if you wish reoprt him to ebay.

On the other hand, if he's offering to pay the re-list fees then in the interests of good ebay relations(and maybe your feedback score), i'd re-list the item, but do what I do, state in the ebay listing that time wasters will not be tolerated and that anybody winning an auction and then not wanting the item will be reported to ebay as non-paying.

monkey2468
02-06-2007, 14:19
Technically this turns the buyer into a non-paying bidder, and you could if you wish reoprt him to ebay.

On the other hand, if he's offering to pay the re-list fees then in the interests of good ebay relations(and maybe your feedback score), i'd re-list the item, but do what I do, state in the ebay listing that time wasters will not be tolerated and that anybody winning an auction and then not wanting the item will be reported to ebay as non-paying.

Thats what I would do.

nemesis01
02-06-2007, 14:21
Yeh, it's what I had started to think which is why I asked here, I mean if it was me I would expect the seller to relist if I explained and offered to reimburse all fees, just ****es me off that people waste my time.

icestar2
02-06-2007, 14:45
I have just put the same card on ebay yesterday lol but the AGP version of it. Hope I dont have this much trouble. Although I am starting to dislike ebay. I bought some items like 2 months ago and when they didnt arrive I informed ebay. After a long and hard process they sent me a link to print out a claim form and send it to germany were they claims department is. I sent that form off about 4 weeks ago now and still have not recieved any money back or even a reply saying if I will or not. When I email customer care I just dont get a reply. I lost just over £200 and ebay do nothin about the seller he is still selling stuff and he has had alot of these complaints. Guess ebay dont care as long as there making money from him selling stuff.

Chicken
02-06-2007, 17:19
Make sure after you have got your fees back off the buyer to leave feedback explaining how they wasted your time. I'd leave a big fat negative for the buyer explaining how they changed their mind, but my account would stand getting the return negative without anyone noticing.

I'd report them as a non-paying bidder too ... after you get your fees of course, and explain to them its a necessary step or ebay will wonder why your relisting the same item ;).

smucks
02-06-2007, 17:59
I just sold a graphics card on Ebay, 256MB 6600GT PCI-E for total £40, now a couple of days after it sold the guy mailed me and said he didn't want it because it had some issues with Vista (so his mate thinks anyway), so he went out and bought a radeon or something. Anyway, the guy wants me to relist the item, he has offered to pay listing fees but so far I have refused because in my mind, he should have done more research into the item before buying.

Thing is, I don't want to relist the item, in my mind this buyer should pay for it as he entered into a contract with me (of sorts) when he pressed the buy button. Am I right to try and get the money for the item from this buyer?

One thing with ebay you can not force the buyer to pay for the item.

What you can do is after 7 days have passed since they won the auction is to "Reprt an unpaid item" Look in your sold items and where it says "Print postage label" click there and then report unpaid item.

Fill in the details do not worry if it tells you you can not do at that time it will indicate when you can do this.

Allow the none paying dispute and do not tell you buyer that you have done this they will be informed by ebay, put some details of the problem in the dispute and leave until the tick turns blue and close the dispute has that indicates you can get your fee's back.

That means that you will get your listing fee's and finual value fee's back for listing the item.

At the same time leave the idiot a nice negative feedback to warn others, also if they have not replied in the dispute console from their end they can not leave you negative feedback it will be removed by ebay.

Normally the dispute kicks the buyer into paying up.