PDA

View Full Version : No 20Mb from Harborne, Bham UBR !

Nhyrvus
01-06-2007, 20:12
VM are telling me that the UBR in Harborne, Bham, HAS NOT been upgraded for 20Mb service....... Not even got a date when, apparently .. . . .

Phoned CS, got £85 reduction off my next bill, £10 reduction each mnth for next 3 mnths ..... Itll do for now, but am still p***ed off about the lying website date ..........

Also sorry about the 15,038 residential premises and the 417 non-residential premises that are served from that exchange, and the 20Mb connection that WONT be getting ...............

TraxData
01-06-2007, 20:15
Be happy, least while your still on 10mbit you aint getting traffic shaped.

spr33
01-06-2007, 20:18

He almost certainly is.

Nhyrvus
01-06-2007, 20:20
Nope, Not Happening...... bizzy throwing toys outa me pram . . .. .

happy cos they lied ? ... .sounds like you either got your 20mb, or aint gonna get it, so dont care. . . . .

and ya, traffic shaping already here, mate ....

DocDutch
01-06-2007, 20:36
Nhyrvus, where did it say you was going to get 20mb today???

afaik on the letter from VM earlier in the year it said that from the 1st of may people were going to get 20mb not a direct upgrade but it would take until august or something for it to be done.

so from my point of view you didnt even have a reasonable reason to have a refund.

Nhyrvus
01-06-2007, 20:56

afaik on the letter from VM earlier in the year it said that from the 1st of may people were going to get 20mb not a direct upgrade but it would take until august or something for it to be done.

so from my point of view you didnt even have a reasonable reason to have a refund.

It clearly says Birmingham, May on the schedule website, and CS have told me May themselves twice . . . When i phoned today they spent nearly 2 hours testing, checking, etc, telling me that it should be on, and wasnt till they phoned the techies that they learned it hadnt been done .. ....

Reasonable ?

TheDon
01-06-2007, 20:57
It doesn't just say "might be may, could be later" it gives may as a definite. Yet here we are in June without 20mb. Just like in the last upgrades where brum was given a date, that came and went and then was changed to months later.

I've come to the conclusion we're reading the schedule wrong, and rather than mean we were getting 20mb in may it meant we may be getting it, but more likely than not wont be.

I've been with cable broadband for 5 years now, and I'm starting to think it's time to move on, unless when I phone them up they tell me it'll be soon and compensate me for the constant disappointment they've been giving. I can get be for £24/month with faster upload and no limits (and before people say it's "up to" so is virgin, and my neighbour syncs at 22mb on be, so chances are I would as well)

Zee
01-06-2007, 20:58

Possibly on the 20Mb upgrade schedule on their website, but im not sure

Now, there must be a valid reason why B'ham wasn't upgraded on the date shown, there must have been some kind of problem or glitch.

LiamTG
01-06-2007, 22:38
Harborne is a fair way away from where we are mate. Why would the Harborne UBR feed an area/population about 7 miles away, surely there will be one nearer?

Nhyrvus
01-06-2007, 23:04
Liam, i posted on other thread that you might be on a more local one, as theres one FOR rubery, near Great Park ...
I Know im here >>> REMOTE_HOST:77-XX-XX-XX.cable.ubr01.harb.blueyonder.co.uk .....

Go HERE (http://www.hashemian.com/whoami/) and read down the page, see who your remote host is . .. .. THEN call VM, see if its been done yet :D

LiamTG
01-06-2007, 23:18
It gets funnier. I live minutes walk away from Great Park yet I am n same UBR thingy as you - Harborne one. What with us both living closer to Great Park, why we not connected there? Besides the fact that Great Park don't have access to cable - I know I bought a house brand new there and only moved last year!!

Lenx
02-06-2007, 00:43
You are not alone!

No 20mb from the cable.ubr05.smal.blueyonder.co.uk either. - That, I think, is Small Heath.

In fact is anyone in Brum getting the promised 20mb? If so, what ubr are you on?

What's worse, our 10mb connection that used to be a steady 9.5mb has been running at 5.6mb at best all week, no matter what time of day or night I've tried it, and I'm sure the 3Gb limit hasn't been reached at any time to trigger the throttling.

I'd call but with my hearing problems I can't understand a word the outsourced workers are saying to me:dozey:

So if anyone's any bright ideas for the speed fall off I'm all eyes:D

Apologies if the last bit's a bit of a hijack:angel:

Len

englishpaul
02-06-2007, 01:24
So if anyone's any bright ideas for the speed fall off I'm all eyes

Cos the techs are working on your upgrade?

</hopeful>

LiamTG
02-06-2007, 10:11
Just spoke to a chappy in Tech Support to ascertain what's going on.

He put me on hold for a few and came back telling me that the upgrade for Birmingham will be complete within a week or so and that the upgrades have nothing what-so-ever to do with the UBR thing-a-me-jigs (that's my terminology not his!).

LTG

Rik
02-06-2007, 10:50

We all know now that this is not the case in many many areas.

Lenx
02-06-2007, 10:56
Cos the techs are working on your upgrade?

</hopeful>

Just spoke to a chappy in Tech Support to ascertain what's going on.

He put me on hold for a few and came back telling me that the upgrade for Birmingham will be complete within a week or so and that the upgrades have nothing what-so-ever to do with the UBR thing-a-me-jigs (that's my terminology not his!).

LTG

Oh well,

fingers crossed and prayerwheels spinning then - The next question is, 'What's a 'reasonable ' length of time to be limping along at half speed while the the technicians fiddle with their thningymajigs?:D

Len

jcardiff
02-06-2007, 11:28
The next question is, 'What's a 'reasonable ' length of time to be limping along at half speed while the the technicians fiddle with their thningymajigs?

best not to ask or hold your breath, but at least its something

Nhyrvus
02-06-2007, 13:04
Hope your right, Liam :D
Dunno anything about UBR's myself, so im just going by what i was told, but heres hoping ....
At least the damn rain stopped ..:tu:....

LiamTG
02-06-2007, 13:18
LMAO - yup weather is great! In the garden atm wirless so I guess it aint all doom and gloom!

Now only if they had HD content.........! :dozey::dozey::dozey:

LiamTG
04-06-2007, 14:53
Oh Well!

At least we can stop re-synchronising our modems now!

NO DATE FOR BRUMMIES AT ALL!

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html.../schedule.html

blade85
04-06-2007, 16:24
notice how it just says Birmingham (perry bar)

TheDon
04-06-2007, 16:33
That's because perry bar is the headend for Birmingham.

Nhyrvus
04-06-2007, 22:40
Suks like a biatch :mad: