PDA

View Full Version : England v Brazil

MadGamer
01-06-2007, 19:52
So whats the score going to be, given that we have Becks and Owen back?

Nugget
01-06-2007, 19:56
So whats the score going to be, given that we have Becks and Owen back?

Unfortunately, seeing as we're historically pretty poor when it comes to friendlies, it's probably going to be about 15-0 to Brazil...

jellybaby
01-06-2007, 19:56
I hoping for a 3-1 win for England :)

Cavarius
01-06-2007, 21:19
Lumpard REALLY needs to call it a day in international footy.

MadGamer
01-06-2007, 21:56
England 1 Brazil 1 after 90mins

yesman
01-06-2007, 22:24
Not a bad curtain raiser for England, the first game on home turf ( which I thought played terribly), not the old turf that I remember.

However...........

Plus sides to the England performance.
Gerrard
Terry
Beckham
Shorey, excellent debut

Minus sides
Smith, Completely ineffectual

Overall
McClaren, completely inept.

Other than that, not a bad warm up for the Estonia game in midweek

Brazil
Oh how I wish we played like them

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Lumpard REALLY needs to call it a day in international footy.

Agreed, the guy is just a link man, if he has to fight his way out of trouble , he is likely to lose the battle.

He receives the ball then passes it quickly to whoever is the simplest pass, usually sideways or backwards, he must have been a classic Ray Wilkins video watcher when he was a kid :)

nffc
01-06-2007, 22:38
f**kwit with his daft subs ruined it again. Now when did I last say that...?

yesman
01-06-2007, 23:59
f**kwit with his daft subs ruined it again.

Downing, - enter expletives <here> :rolleyes:

Under McLoser, i am sure Downing has played in all the games: but why ?
The guy is not fit for the conference.

danielf
02-06-2007, 00:26
f**kwit with his daft subs ruined it again. Now when did I last say that...?

What do you mean with 'ruined'? Brazil looked the most likely to score for most of the match. I think a draw was a fair result.

AlanYork
02-06-2007, 00:27
Downing, - enter expletives <here> :rolleyes:

Under McLoser, i am sure Downing has played in all the games: but why ?
The guy is not fit for the conference.

I have supported what is now a Conference team all my life (York City) and actually the standard of football amongst the top teams there is often not bad at all. Sure, we don't want to be there, we've had several seasons of it and missed out in the play offs this season to Morecambe, who actually went on to win at Wembley, but it's not all kick and run football. Hopefully we will be back in the League next year. We were relegated because our chairman ripped us off (all nicely legal of course) and we couldn't afford a competant manager. The result was that we dropped like a stone to the bottom of Division 2 in the 2003/2004 season and into the Conference.

So for me, it's hard to get excited about a load of overpaid Premiership players just having a glorified kickabout. If we had lost 10 - 0, so what? It's a friendly and it doesn't matter. Even with the knock in confidence that a heavy defeat would have brought, they should still be able to overcome Estonia. In fact I was so bored by the whole thing I turned the TV off to do stuff on my computer.

McLaren's from York too actually, but despite my wanting a guy from my home city to do well, I don't think he is the man for the England job. I believe he got in on the back of a series of fortunate results for Middlesborough in the UEFA Cup and because the FA couldn't get Scolari.