PDA

View Full Version : Half completed installation

terryadams
01-06-2007, 12:01
I had Virgin/NTL come to fit cable to my house on 17th April. This was a completely new install as there wasn't any services fitted.

They came and pulled a cable from the pavement outside my drive and dug a trench in my driveway with the 'intention' of coming back to put armour around the cable, do the pavement properly and fit an exterior box to my house.

Guess what - nothing.

So I've rung up multiple times complaining and asking when they're coming back to finish off the job. Every time I get apologies, transferred around departments (several times to dead numbers) and if I get lucky enough to speak to someone who may be able to help, they usually end the call with saying they've got a computer error and they'll get someone to call you back.

Of course, I hear nothing....

Tried again today and it's the Manchester team responsibility, got transferred to someone up there, started describing the problem and they ended up transferring me to what sounded like an internal billing services line!

What on earth can I do to get them to finish off the job? It's nearly two months of having dangling wires coming out of my house and then running across my drive.... :(

NTLVictim
01-06-2007, 12:36
Health and safety issue?

punky
01-06-2007, 12:49
We do have a contact within VM who helps resolve problems for our members. If you want, you can PM your account details & contact number, and I can forward it on to him.

terryadams
01-06-2007, 13:10
Gavin, you have PM. Thanks!

AdamD
02-06-2007, 20:41
Hope you get it sorted aok

My mum had a similiar issue

They dug a trench in the garden to lay the cables, left a mess all over the place (mud strewn across the pathway and munched up grass)

To her surprise they only dug the trench some 10cm? below the surface and parts of the cable were exposed

Think she finally got it sorted, but not after several weeks of calls.

terryadams
04-06-2007, 12:04
They came over the weekend and finished the job! I'm glad it's finally been done but it's daft it took this long and had to resort to asking for help on a public forum rather than the official route.

Thanks for the help Gavin.

punky
04-06-2007, 12:39
NP, glad its finally sorted :)