PDA

View Full Version : For those suffering long term problems

m044bz00
01-06-2007, 06:35
For those suffering long term problems I really do sympathise.

I've recently endured more than 5 weeks of true NTLHell over speed issues and outages and spending more than 10 hours on the phone. This isn't for those who want instant action because a fault has appeared and you're looking to jump the queue. I'd got pages and pages of details of phone calls etc over the last 5 weeks

All too often they were willing to try and shut me up with discounts or extra channels when all I wanted was the services I'd ordered.

The breaking point came when another engineer was booked and I was told I'd have to wait another 8 days, this was with no connection whatsoever.

I said that if I had to wait the 8 days for an engineer he could take their STB and SACM with him as I'd move over to SKY

I phoned CS, asked to make an official complaint about the faults department and speak to their Manager.

You can now make official complaints over the telephone, it used to be just in writing.

I was then put through to TS in the UK, explained the issues and what CS had said and done about making an official complaint and I was put through to a TS Customer Care Officer.

I knew straight away from simply talking to her that for the first time in more than a month I was finally getting somewhere. She would monitor my connection to see if it came back online and then contact me, if not then see about getting an engineer to me before the 8 days

The folllowing day I had a call at work, an engineer will be with you in the afternoon,, he came sorted out the issues.

Within minutes another chap phoned me to apologise for all the issues, explain the new official complaint procedure and tell me that once I was happy that the fault had been rectified I should then contact CS if I wished to discuss any discounts for all the trouble. (I'm still ok but not counting any chickens yet)

I also had another call later, again just to check all was still ok and apologise.

The service during that 24 hour period was spot on, it's such a shame that to get it you have to endure a living hell and threaten to leave.

Hopefully some of the above maybe of help to others

Nedkelly
01-06-2007, 07:14
8 days for a tech that is a long time :Yikes:

xspeedyx
01-06-2007, 07:59
Glad its all good now

piggy
01-06-2007, 14:36

stoke have been a week out because of the internet issues 99% of calls have not been home related and should not have been trucked on but thats another story

Nedkelly
01-06-2007, 15:04
We have the epg download oh what fun :)

m044bz00
01-06-2007, 15:17
stoke have been a week out because of the internet issues 99% of calls have not been home related and should not have been trucked on but thats another story
nah, no issues In Stoke

I should know as I've probably been told more times than anyone that there are no problems :banghead:

Those who are still having issues though I suggest you at least try and follow the above line as it worked for me

janipewter
01-06-2007, 17:05

Really? Last time we had a tech booked, they said he would be round on Thursday (5 days after I called). Guess what, he turned up 3 weeks later.