PDA

View Full Version : Sting in SIM tail

geoffn
01-06-2007, 00:28
Beware the £10 SIM offer if you intend to travel abroad. Virgin mobile will not allow roaming until three monthly bills have been paid or a DEPOSIT OF £150 has been made with them. They insist on this even if you are a longstanding cable customer of Ntl (and presumably other pre Virgin providers). Do they appreciate their longstanding customers? It doesn't look like it.

Chris W
01-06-2007, 01:45
Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media are separate companies though...

When BTcellnet still existed it was them doing your credit rating not BT, even though they were owned by the same people. Even if you had paid all your BT bills on time since the year dot you would still be credit checked by BTcellent- same applies in this case.

awibble
01-06-2007, 08:59
Sorry Chris, but i was under the impression that Virgin Mobile was part of Virgin Media.

As i understood Virgin Media is Virgin.net, Virgin Mobile, NTL and telewest merged.

geoffn
01-06-2007, 18:08
Virgin Media advertise "3 for £30" on their web site and on literature sent to me as an existing Ntl user. "Now you can get all your services in one place" they say. That doesn't sound like separate organisations.

roberts
10-06-2007, 14:28
Virgin Media advertise "3 for £30" is just for 6 months.

chickendippers
17-06-2007, 17:31
Most mobile companies have similar restrictions. But interestiongly I transfered my number across from Orange last November, and my phone worked perfectly when I went to New Zealand (and the stop over in Hong Kong) for New Year.