PDA

View Full Version : Phone not ringing to incoming calls

stevebutt
31-05-2007, 19:23
Hi i am having a problem with the phone line.

Never had a problem with the phone line in many years of being with NTL Virgin so it could possibly be a problem with my Phillips DECT cordless.

If you ring my landline number from a mobile, it rings but the Phillips phone doesn't. I only noticed this because i tried to dial out but couldn't.

Anybody got a number i can call from my mobile to get to customer services??

Don't really want to pay a packet being on hold if its something wrong with the Phillips unit.

papa smurf
31-05-2007, 21:10
put a wired phone in and try it [borrow one] if its still the same call cust services ,if it works [wired phone],check cordless batts . contact no [0845 454 1111]

dav
31-05-2007, 21:36
I've got this problem too. No dial tone. Calling in rings on the line but not the phone. Tried a diff phone with no joy. Called CS on the above number and have a tech coming on monday to fix.

EDIT: forgot to say that i was on the phone to CS for less than 5 mins.

zedrest
02-06-2007, 14:29
Had this too last week, the details are in the installation thread but had someone out yesterday and was sorted in a few minutes. To do with the street box

Nedkelly
02-06-2007, 17:33
Its a straight forward fault if it rings .It could be a wire loose in one of the street boxes .:)

on in an hour!
03-06-2007, 11:44
Its a straight forward fault if it rings .It could be a wire loose in one of the street boxes .:)
or inadvertantly dissed by an installer because it was in their d-side,nearly all our dissed lines are caused by this,instead of selecting another d-side,even though their allotted one has a live on it,they just diss it off and connect theirs!!! :(

stevebutt
05-06-2007, 15:55
I can't believe the embarrasment this is going to attract...

THE PHONE WAS SWITCHED OFF AT THE POWER POINT!!!! :rolleyes:

my god i am so stupid, thanks for your advice..

dav
05-06-2007, 18:26
Update: our phone is now fixed...it was indeed a problem with a loose wire in a street box several streets away!

I don't know how this is cabled up, but there are several boxes between here and where the problem was. Are they all connected?

Nedkelly
05-06-2007, 19:03
As on in hour said it was disc by a tech in the box .It always happens round here we call it muppetry .Easy fix for us but bad for the customer :)

on in an hour!
06-06-2007, 09:33
Update: our phone is now fixed...it was indeed a problem with a loose wire in a street box several streets away!

I don't know how this is cabled up, but there are several boxes between here and where the problem was. Are they all connected?
the box several streets away is where your number comes from 'exchange' to 'distribution'.i.e. wired from where its live in the exchange to a block of 50 'activators' that are relative to another block of 50 in the cabinet where your cable from your house is located.;)

dav
06-06-2007, 21:15
O.....kay.....:)

It seems cable telephony is more complicated that I could have imagined:dunce:

Thasha
14-11-2011, 06:52
have the same problem guys, my phone is not ringing incoming calls, but on the callers side its ringing, my phone too is connected to the internet, so my internet is disturbed too, working on and off,I have noticed that whenever its raining my phone disconnects and if I recieve calls the line will be so bad, making it hard for me to hear the caller so I will report the matter to the service provider, because I think it has something to do with the street box....