PDA

View Full Version : Router able to limit bandwidth to wireless?

philmanka
30-05-2007, 18:12
Hey, i have a belkin 54g wireless router which im wired to but i have a student who connects wirelessly, however, when she playes her chinese games online my 10mb (soon 20mb) becomes like a 28k modem, there is not even enough bandwidth to open google and somtimes it even doesnt detect i have the internet! is there a way in which any router can limit the amount of bandwidth for wireless users? e.g 2mb for them and the rest for me? my last choice otherwise i will have to buy another net line into my house with bt or somthing for them to use :/

cheers.

TheBlueRaja
30-05-2007, 18:39
Well, you could change the wireless settings to allow access over b only...

Other than that, you may have better luck accessing her machine and throttling it there.

CraigT
30-05-2007, 21:40
I sure my old linksys wrt54gs used to be able to limit bandwith to a chosen ip

anduin
30-05-2007, 22:17
My Belkin and the one i had before .. neither have the ability to throttle members of the network.

I *think* DD-WRT firmware ( if your router can take it ) has the ability to throttle though.

englishpaul
30-05-2007, 23:35
Not a great deal of help, I know, but you could try http://web.belkin.com/support/

anduin
30-05-2007, 23:46
Therfe is a very helpful chap in the networking section of this forum who knows all about belkin stuff, he;d surely be able to help .. DocDutch if i recall his name is.