PDA

View Full Version : Cloned Mac Address

videodj
30-05-2007, 15:10
I have a colleague who has virgin media cable broadband and currently has no connection, she has spoken to CS and they claim that her MAC address has been cloned and that this is why she has no connection. They have told her she needs to replace some drivers of "spoof" her MAC address. I've never heard of this before, is this correct or is she being fobbed off.

Regards

Dave

Toto
30-05-2007, 15:13
I have a colleague who has virgin media cable broadband and currently has no connection, she has spoken to CS and they claim that her MAC address has been cloned and that this is why she has no connection. They have told her she needs to replace some drivers of "spoof" her MAC address. I've never heard of this before, is this correct or is she being fobbed off.

Regards

Dave

Her MAC address is not the issue, if the modem is at fault, it should be replaced.

Wod
30-05-2007, 15:22
They might mean that someone else has cloned her MAC adress and they know of it... Its illegal, e.g i could use someone elses MAC who is on 20MB and recieve 20MB for free!, but i wouldnt even bother in looking into it!