PDA

View Full Version : Using NetMail Pro

pwdespard
30-05-2007, 00:54
Hi,

I have been an avid reader of this site - at least every time that NTL mess me about. I had phone and internet completely disconnected for 5 days at the beginning of the year due to administrative cock-ups.

Now, since yesterday I have been unable to SMTP e-mails using NetMail Pro (which works on ye olde MS-DOS). On my Windoze ME machine I use Thunderbird, but it's no good for selective mini-bulk mailings (e.g. social group activities, neighbourhood watch bulletins, etc.), which my own programmes generate. (This doesn't work under broadband - I've asked!)

I'm getting "No connection at ...DNS...". If I use an 0845 dial-up service instead of NTL/VM the messages go out as normal. But, I'm paying £15 p.m. for unlimited dial-up, so don't want to have to pay other ISPs as well.

After having spent about £10 on my mobile phone to be told at least six different - and all but the last one, wrong - reasons why I was disconnected back in January, I don't have any confidence in the NTL/VM technical customer support service, so would rather just cancel the service rather than have to go through all that again.

So, does anyone here have any idea what has happened in the last two days and whether it is temporary or not?

Thanks.

Peter Despard
(Newly Registered Member)