PDA

View Full Version : Continual disconnection and reconnection

doncaster
30-05-2007, 00:04
Every so often, usually between 2300 and 0500 but during the day too, I have trouble keeping a connection.

I can see the 'flakiness' as I sit on a IRC channel and this is momentarily disconnected and reconnected. I'm unable to connect to any webpages during this time also. Each disconnection is just for a few seconds and then it reconnects almost straight away and this can happen just once or sometimes up to something like 20 times.

All BY tech support seem to say is "what lights are on your modem when this happens?" As I'm not always in the room where the modem is when this happens, I can't see what they are doing (although BY don't seem to appreciate this).

I'm on the Blueyonder 4MB service.

Any thoughts anyone?

Wod
30-05-2007, 00:12
Blueyonder is virgin media ? i think lol, and i have been experiencing the same problems m8.

doncaster
30-05-2007, 00:15
Yes. BY is Virgin Media these days ...

Did they suggest anything to you?

Wod
30-05-2007, 00:55
TBH i cant be arsed to talk to the bums lol but have you checked your signal levels? , i checked mine not to long ago and they are totally different to what they are now!
have a read in here, maybee our problems are related? http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33615082-modem-levels.html

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/26006-cable-modem-signal-levels.html

doncaster
31-05-2007, 01:34
Wod: I dunno. I'm at work at the moment but I'll look.

Called tech support again today. Still the same. He said nothing's wrong. I'm goign to ring eery day until something's sorted.

doncaster
31-05-2007, 22:30
Called again earlier today. Spoke to someone who checked some log or other and he said the Power to Noise ratio kept dropping to something uber low. This also corresponded to when my connection dropped out.

An engineer's on his way (sometime soon) to batter the green box in the street. Wonder how long that will be?