PDA

View Full Version : Help needed New customer Install Nightmare

andychuter
29-05-2007, 12:09
Hi I'm new to the forum I called sales to join Virgin media on 14/04 and arranged for a V+ with XL TV pack and Broadband XL to be installed on 02/05.
I got my contract through and signed it and sent it back. I took off the installation date and an engineer turned up. He asked where the cable box was and I informed him that it was a new install. He informed me that as it was a new install It was a two man job. So after many phonecalls and putting in a formal complaint as I was told that the installations manager would be in contact with me after not hearing from him I was told that firstly they had talked to him and he would be contacting me in the next 5 mins. after 40 mins no call so I called back to be told that they had again talked to him on his mobile and he would definatly be in contact with me by 19:00 that day. Again no call was recieved by me so contacted Virgin the next day to be informed that the reason why I had not been called was that they had just talked to this person and he told them that he did not call customers.(this is when I put in the complaint). I was finally given an install date 11th May. The day before this day I was call regarding my complaint and was then told that the reason why I had not been contacted by the installions manager was because he had been on leave the week before.
The day of 11th May arrived and after taking another day off the intallers arrived after about an hour they came to me to let me know that there was a problem as they could not find the cable in the road as the rod was not going all the way and was meeting an obstruction so they said that there supervisior would have to come out to access the situation. this he did the next day which was saturday 12th May. He too tried to rod for the cable and said there appeared to be an obstuction about 8 foot from the cable and that he would send out a team with a more powerful rod on the Monday as a more powerful rod could move the obstuction if not then construtions would have to come out to sort it out and he said that would be arround 22nd/23rd May.
well Monday came no one turned up called virgin later in thw week to find out what was happening to be told that they were waiting to hear from the council about diging up the road and i would be contacted by the end of the week. After over another week I had not heard so I called Virgin again to be told that my account had been closed so i have had to be given a new account number and was told that the installs manager had been e-mail as well as two other managers and that it said on the e-mail that i should be informed to what was going on. That was last Thursday 24th May arround 11am. As of today 29th May I have not heard anymore could anyone give me any ideas of what I can do now.

Many thanks for any of your help in advance.

Andy

UnusedCarton
29-05-2007, 21:52
Cancel and get See Speak Surf from sky. 12 Years with sky and not a single problem. Not a single day without service! £34 a month for phone, broadband, Sky TV + Sport! Plus you get all the decent Sky chanels that VM customers don't get!