PDA

View Full Version : connection problems

torria
28-05-2007, 15:41
i wonder if anyone could help me, i'm having problems maintaining a steady internet connection , my computer is on a wireless network using a linksky BEFW11S4 router, connected to a ntl/virgin modem, approx every 30-40 mins the connection is disconnected then automatically reconnects, this is a real pain if downloading anything. please help:(

zing_deleted
28-05-2007, 15:46
change default broadcast channel are there other networks on the same channel as you?

:welcome:

torria
28-05-2007, 16:04
i don't really know to be truthful, connection had been fine until virgin/ntl installed a modem.

zing_deleted
28-05-2007, 16:48
Turn off pc and unplug modem. Press and hold the reset on the rear of the router for 30 seconds and allow to settle then unplug. Turn on modem and allow all to settle down. Turn on router and then turn on pc. On the wired pc press start then run and type cmd. In the black box that opens type ipconfig /all . Note the default gateway number I think its 192.168.1.1 I think it will be. type this number into a browser address bar and when asked type admin and admin as user and password (think this is correct for linksys) Goto wire less setting and ensure this is on and then security and select wpa . Create a password. Also ensure DHCP is enabled. Then try and connect wirelessly again. Hope this helps

mar1n2k
28-05-2007, 17:01
sounds similar to the problem i had, have you had the router along time or have you just got it and this problem started, if youve just got it you might find its the router as "sitecom" router have the same problem.

torria
19-06-2007, 15:50
Had the router a few years never had a problem before, only occured since the modem was installed.