PDA

View Full Version : (Is it possible to) Earn £££££ £Â£Â£s working from home?

Raistlin
27-05-2007, 17:13
Are there actually any of these 'home working' schemes that 'work' (pun definitely intended)? Is it possible to make money at home using your home computer?

Has anybody actually found one of these schemes that is worth being involved in?

Note: I'm talking about things that can be done from home, so I'm not including catalogue distribution schemes in this.

Paul K
27-05-2007, 17:15
Of course you can.... one question though, how do you look in a basque and how desperate are you for money ;)

Raistlin
27-05-2007, 17:19
Of course you can.... one question though, how do you look in a basque and how desperate are you for money ;)

I look good in any part of the western Pyrenees or the Bay of Biscay in France..... ;)

.....and, not 'desperate', but could definitely do with the extra cash.

Maggy
27-05-2007, 18:24
I think the short answer is no unless you are prepared to work 24/7 and you don't mind being ripped off to buy whatever stock it is you are going to make/sell.

Chrysalis
27-05-2007, 21:10
Its possible and people do it, but very hard. Some genuine employers out there but demand so high the jobs arent advertised, and of course been self employed also very diffilcult.

Hugh
27-05-2007, 22:33
Of course it is possible to make lots of money working from home.

Send me £5000 to my home address, and I will let you know how it work. ;)

Chris W
27-05-2007, 23:35
depends on the kind of skill sets you have. One example of a decent "work from home" job is proofreading. Get yourself certified and you can get a decent wage from it.

My mum used to do it in summer holidays and when she was doing supply teaching. You normally work freelance, and she was earning £20+ an hour. You can work through agencies, but obviously they take a slice of the potential earnings.

Xaccers
28-05-2007, 11:47
My gf's mum types up all the transcripts from Police interviews and court cases from home.

Used to do it for Parliment too.

You have to be very accurate and very quick, sometimes they screw up and she has to do them on the day they arrive and get them back in the post.

You need a strong stomach though, as it can involve watching interviews in child abuse cases :(