PDA

View Full Version : Just had repull and...

virginmedia
26-05-2007, 18:51
Well I have just had a re pull. Thicker cable was needed as not enough signal was coming to the house. Time slot was 8-1.

Arrived at 10. Construction issue. Left. Construction person came told us they would be with us in a short while this was at 1.

They showed again at 5. Started the job. This was after many phone calls to Virgin.

Anyway.

Said to them I would berry the cable.(Love my garden)

So what happened.

They left the old cable in the ground. Sticking up at both ends of the garden.
Is this standard practice?

Also They said they had no tube to put the new cable in. I could tell they had forgot. Also I could see it on a roll in the van.
Does the cable have to be in tubing? By Virgin Law?

And

Where the box is on the wall there is just a wire coming from the ground. I used to have like a brown boxing but it was round, hard thing to describe.
Is this allowed by Virgin?

Finally

I would like to know if I got a normal tech out they would have the tubing for the cable and the stuff for the box on the wall?

Any help would be very appreciated.

I know these are just small problems but I like a job to be done properly.

John ;)

zing_deleted
26-05-2007, 19:19
nightmare mate you had the cowboys in id complain and get it done properly obviously they were ready for the pub. I dont think id ever book a call out for something like this on a Saturday Friday afternoon or Monday morning ;)

virginmedia
26-05-2007, 19:37
nightmare mate you had the cowboys in id complain and get it done properly obviously they were ready for the pub. I dont think id ever book a call out for something like this on a Saturday Friday afternoon or Monday morning ;)

Ok and thanks for your reply.

Would you or anybody else happen to know if the normal techs can do this. Do they carry the material to cover the cable going up the wall to the box and the tubing for the cable>

Thanks John ;)

Nedkelly
26-05-2007, 20:32
Where did they tie up the horse :D Service techs do not carry spades and the green duckting that goes in the garden .They should of cut the old cable and make it look good before they got on there horse .I would complain and ask for a supervisor or Installs manager to have a look :)

virginmedia
27-05-2007, 12:10
Phoned CS they booked a special tech to come and finish the job. Me happy. Thanks for your help.

John

NTLVictim
27-05-2007, 17:29

So VM aren't worth even calling for Saturday, Friday afternoon, or Monday morning?

This is word of mouth from a VM bod on the ground????:Yikes:

zing_deleted
27-05-2007, 17:34
im not a VM bod and the days I stated are for any service its these are always the least productive times Friday they wanna go home early Saturday they are peeved they have to work Saturday and Monday they are peeved to be back after the weekend. Where you get the idea im a VM bod from?

Nedkelly
27-05-2007, 17:39
Yse some techs are at there worst on those days but some dont care all week :)

NTLVictim
27-05-2007, 20:38
im not a VM bod and the days I stated are for any service its these are always the least productive times Friday they wanna go home early Saturday they are peeved they have to work Saturday and Monday they are peeved to be back after the weekend. Where you get the idea im a VM bod from?

My apologies, I assumed your remarks were VM specific.

cynicalsob
29-05-2007, 21:42
Errrr...

I lost my cable TV and broadband on May 10. I'm booked in for a techie on JUNE 12th. WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS! They refused to move my dates, despite 5 calls and one hour on the phone to the Supervisors. I'm so off to SKY it's untrue.

papa smurf
30-05-2007, 16:30
Yse some techs are at there worst on those days but some dont care all week :)

thats no way to talk about lincoln network techs:D:D:D

virginmedia
05-06-2007, 08:36
Another problem, turns out the techs did not burry the cable deep enough, and the little kids pullled it up. Rang up they took it very seriously said it was a health and safety issue. Someone is coming to look at the job.

virginmedia
20-06-2007, 20:32
Great tech just came out. Re buried the cable in the street. Tech coming out this sat to check signal levals. Me very happy.

John