PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Cleaners?

superbiatch
26-05-2007, 15:15
I'm having problems trying to keep my stainless steel kitchen equipment clean. I've tried all the usual cleaning detergents etc and good old soap and water, but end up with water marks which ruins the appearance.

Has anyone got any good products they use?

TIA

budwieser
26-05-2007, 16:07
I'm having problems trying to keep my stainless steel kitchen equipment clean. I've tried all the usual cleaning detergents etc and good old soap and water, but end up with water marks which ruins the appearance.

TIA
Bicarbonate of soda is supposed to be really good.:)
Or white vinegar.;)
Or you could try isopropyl alchol.

Ramrod
26-05-2007, 16:16
Astonish (http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!20564?src=ga071) :tu:

Cobbydaler
26-05-2007, 16:22

TIA

From some of your other posts I recall you work in Healthcare?

See if you can beg, borrow or purchase through work some Surgistain (http://www.ruhof.co.uk/surgistain.htm). I work in pharmaceuticals & it does a great job on our stainless steel equipment. A bit bigger than your kitchen mixer but... ;)

superbiatch
26-05-2007, 17:29
From some of your other posts I recall you work in Healthcare?

See if you can beg, borrow or purchase through work some Surgistain (http://www.ruhof.co.uk/surgistain.htm). I work in pharmaceuticals & it does a great job on our stainless steel equipment. A bit bigger than your kitchen mixer but... ;)

Oooooooooh, must try ;)

Thanks for advice guys :)

Chris W
26-05-2007, 19:00
clean the surface with whatever leaves the water marks, then when it dries, put some steam onto a piece of kitchen roll and wipe... shiny and clean :)

We use this technique on all of our stainless steel equipment at work,
some cleaning chemicals can damage the steel though so pick carefully :)

maddyp
26-05-2007, 19:51
when i was a student i worked at macdonalds! we had to clean all the stainless steel stuff with kitchen roll and ajax powder, from what i recal we put the powder on the kitchen roll and polished and it came up perfect. i think it must have been a little damp but i seem to remember it being called dry ajaxing.

daz300
26-05-2007, 20:04
i have used glass cleaner befor .

Ramrod
26-05-2007, 20:05
i seem to remember it being called dry ajaxing.It was indeed (and probably still is) called ajaxing :)

greencreeper
26-05-2007, 20:10
Try a lemon

maddyp
26-05-2007, 20:51
I really hated that job!!!

multiskilled
26-05-2007, 21:05
To help reduce finger marks on stainless steel fridges we use baby oil, a thin coating applied with a lint free cloth. Don't know if would work with items that get hot though.

Hom3r
26-05-2007, 21:48
I've soaked tea spoons on Coca cola, came up sparkling

Fingy
26-05-2007, 23:21
If it is clean but just looking dull you can rub a teeny tiny bit of baby oil on it, makes it nice and shiny. I do this with my stainless steel towel radiators and the front of my oven.

superbiatch
26-05-2007, 23:29
If it is clean but just looking dull you can rub a teeny tiny bit of baby oil on it, makes it nice and shiny. I do this with my stainless steel towel radiators and the front of my oven.

That sounds like a good idea, its not that my appliances are dirty, probably more dusty cos i live on my own. Will give this a go first off me thinks :)