PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway of

GPR
26-05-2007, 09:34
Is there anyway of taking 1 cable from my NTL250 modem straight to my desktop computer and another cable to my router for wireless connection for my daughters laptop as I think I might be loosing some speed to my desktop by going through router [D-link] DI-624+.

zing_deleted
26-05-2007, 09:36
no
Test it hard wired but the modem releases only 1 ip

bigdavep
26-05-2007, 12:59
I have the same router running and don't suffer any slowdown, try desktop straight to modem and see if that helps.

Obviously it slows down some if my G/F is downloading to her laptop (wireless) whilst i'm on the desktop

GPR
27-05-2007, 12:08
Ok thanks for advice.

Nhyrvus
28-05-2007, 11:10
Is there anyway of taking 1 cable from my NTL250 modem straight to my desktop computer and another cable to my router for wireless connection for my daughters laptop as I think I might be loosing some speed to my desktop by going through router [D-link] DI-624+.

You dont say if your speed loss when through the router is from a wired connection or a wireless one ?
your router supplies wired connections as well as the wireless option, could you just wire connect the router to your desktop PC and leave the wireless connection on for your daughters PC ?