PDA

View Full Version : Plz Vote for my little jack sparrow plz

ashthebash
25-05-2007, 19:08
may i ask a fav pretty pretty pretty please

My little lad has entered a competition at HMV dressed as pirate Jack Sparrow he has been shortlisted to the final 12 yayyy! ..If you have the time can you plz vote for him

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=1000;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=2112

he's Number 3 Ashley Irving

cheers guys thanx for your time :)

MovedGoalPosts
25-05-2007, 19:41
Erm but the game given away as a prize is rated as 12+. The captio on your son's phot, and indeed most of the rogues gallery, shows contenstants are under age for the prize :confused:

Me thinks you just want to win it for yourself ;)

LSainsbury
25-05-2007, 19:47
Me thinks you've just joined up (2 posts!) so you could ask if we can vote for him so he / you can win. :(

CompetitionSpam - like the concept! :sleep:

ashthebash
25-05-2007, 20:07
Erm but the game given away as a prize is rated as 12+. The captio on your son's phot, and indeed most of the rogues gallery, shows contenstants are under age for the prize :confused:

IS IT??? r u sure?

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Me thinks you've just joined up (2 posts!) so you could ask if we can vote for him so he / you can win. :(

CompetitionSpam - like the concept! :sleep:

i'm sorry you feel that way..pity, maybe you should be less skeptical about life..as this is not my intentions at all.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

oh i see what you mean the game is rated 12+

i guess they make the rules if he was'nt ment to be in it he would'nt have been put through.. i think like the film its always an advisory ..we've just took him to see the new film infact today.

he's a massive fan as his mum is but we all know why that is..lol

MovedGoalPosts
25-05-2007, 20:11
I suspect they couldn't sell the game direct to your son, but It's OK if there is an adult present.

It's a bit odd that it's all supposedly done under the Disney banner, which is supposed to be family, and yet it isn't suitable for kids :spin:

ashthebash
25-05-2007, 20:23
I suspect they couldn't sell the game direct to your son, but It's OK if there is an adult present.

It's a bit odd that it's all supposedly done under the Disney banner, which is supposed to be family, and yet it isn't suitable for kids :spin:

I know but they do leave it up to the parents descretion, i must admit they may be a few moments in the films that are debatable..but i've seen worse.

I mean one episode of dr who was i'd say more dubious to say the least..roll back to the werewolf/queen victoria epsiode.
Dr who is now a firm fav with kids and parents alike..watching the POTC 3 i don't think it was too bad in those respects.

not after you catch the little monkey sneeking behind the sofa while your watching sleepy hollow..oops

Ramrod
25-05-2007, 20:32
Thats one thing that has been bugging me about Pirates of the Caribbean......the fact that the film is a 12 but most if not all of the merchandise/games available in Woolies/Argos is aimed at much younger kids......

gaffer_gump
25-05-2007, 21:19
I voted for number 1 as he looks like he is enjoying it the most :D

alferret
25-05-2007, 21:26
Young Ashley got my vote, although i think i should win :D

Xaccers
25-05-2007, 22:51
Thats one thing that has been bugging me about Pirates of the Caribbean......the fact that the film is a 12 but most if not all of the merchandise/games available in Woolies/Argos is aimed at much younger kids......

Isn't it a 12A? So younger kids can go along with their parents.

Paul
25-05-2007, 22:57
Yep, it is a 12A, any kid 12 or under can go as long as it's with an adult.

Pia
25-05-2007, 23:16
I voted for Ashley :)