PDA

View Full Version : Annoying 1571 dial tone!

dcclanuk
24-05-2007, 15:16
I dont know how many of u use the 1571 service, but basically if some1 leaves a msg, then the dial tone changes to a "staggered" one... if u have it u will know what i mean.

Anyway, my phone gives me that dial tone ALLLLLLLLLL the time now, and its getting quite irritating, because if someone really does leave a msg now, I will not know since I am not checking every hour to make sure!

Is this a FAULT? Or is this our new dial tone:dozey:

hehe probably the former:) So should I call faults about this? Its not a big thing, but I would rather not have 1571 than have this uncertainty!

cybernetic_tiger
24-05-2007, 16:15
Are you sure that you havn't got any messages saved? if not call faults it may be an issue with your mailbox (a quick rebuild should sort it out)

dcclanuk
24-05-2007, 16:58
Are you sure that you havn't got any messages saved? if not call faults it may be an issue with your mailbox (a quick rebuild should sort it out)

I called 151... some very helpful [British] TS picked up. He ran some checks, to see if he could find a fault on the line... he couldnt.:(

He has passed it onto 2nd level support, and it should be fixed within 24-48 hours.:tu:

Phone was picked up pretty quickly too~ 3 mins!:D

Now lets just hope it gets fixed.... the funniest part was when he asked me if I had any Voicemails, hahaha...:dunce:

dragon
24-05-2007, 19:26
I called 151... some very helpful [British] TS picked up. He ran some checks, to see if he could find a fault on the line... he couldnt.:(

He has passed it onto 2nd level support, and it should be fixed within 24-48 hours.:tu:

Phone was picked up pretty quickly too~ 3 mins!:D

Now lets just hope it gets fixed.... the funniest part was when he asked me if I had any Voicemails, hahaha...:dunce:

it does sometimes get stuck, can't remember why tho.

They should be able to get it sorted for you.

EDIT: Didn't notice this was the Vm fixed phone services.. I was commenting on the BT 1571...

Shep
06-06-2007, 11:16
corruption of the profile on the switch, it happens from time to time.

pete

russell@home
09-06-2007, 10:15
At least you have 1571.

I have been trying to get it put on the line for nearly 2 weeks. Each time I call they say it is on the account!!!

dragon
09-06-2007, 12:20
We have 1571 on our line at home only problem is we've got dect phones and everyone has a habit of keying in the number they want then hitting the green button

Which makes the phone seize dial tone then start dialling almost instantly, we quite often forget to check to see if the dial tones changed so someone could leave us a message and its often days before anyone notices.

Rapid Dr3am
10-06-2007, 11:17
At least you have 1571.

I have been trying to get it put on the line for nearly 2 weeks. Each time I call they say it is on the account!!!

If it's on the account but doesn't work call faults.

dcclanuk
10-06-2007, 11:20
Ooops.. I think i forgot to update this thread :D

I got a call back saying that everything is working. HOWEVER, the problem was not fixed. Called TS again, and a lady left a msg on the voicemail, and told me to listen to the WHOLE MSG, then delete it. Upon doing that it was fixed... so some things are quite easy to fix i guess lol...

russell@home
10-06-2007, 11:57
If it's on the account but doesn't work call faults.

Tried that, They say I need to speak to CS, CS say I need to speak to faults.

rikur
10-06-2007, 16:19
Tried that, They say I need to speak to CS, CS say I need to speak to faults.

I went through a similar process for ages.

In my case it turned out then when I'd moved house, "the system" (not sure which one) had not been properly updated - and hence "the system" thought that I was still on the old exchange where I used to live. As such the instructions to enable 1571 were being sent to the wrong exchange. Took 4 months to get working.