PDA

View Full Version : Driver issues with Vista

chaosAD
24-05-2007, 15:29
I recently Installed Windows Vista. Because my NIC card does not support Vista, I had to use the USB port. Unfortunetly Vista prompts me for the NTL USB cable modem driver, which I don't have. I was wondering if anyone could give me a link or point me in the right direction of where I can find the latest driver

MovedGoalPosts
24-05-2007, 15:47
hmm, it's even less likely that there is a Vista compatible USB driver for the connection. Ethernet is more reliable so that USB is really only for older PCs. Those running Vista should really have a network card.

Are there no emulation drivers that would make your NIC work under Vista?

zing_deleted
24-05-2007, 15:53
what nic drive or mobo is it?

chaosAD
24-05-2007, 16:07
Hi, thnx for the reply :)

the NIC's make is CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Vista also can't detect my Sound Card which is a Creative Audio PCI(ES1370), SB PCI 64/128(WDM) can't find drivers for that anywhere looked on the Creative site nothing found :(

zing_deleted
24-05-2007, 16:19
what machine you threw vista at here?

chaosAD
24-05-2007, 16:29
what machine you threw vista at here?

Sorry i don't understand the question, threw? :\

I ran the Windows Vista upgrade advisor and it gave me back one issue that was the NIC drive

My PC Spec

Pentium 4 Northwood 1.8 Ghz
1Gbyte DDRAM
5600 FX Nvidia Video Card
ASUS DVD\RW 52x
ASUS DVD 40x

I am running the Vista Buisness Edition

zing_deleted
24-05-2007, 16:38
how many pci slots do you have? looks like you may need to find vista ready cards to replace your old stuff. So vista is installed now and these devices do not work I gather?

chaosAD
24-05-2007, 16:48
how many pci slots do you have? looks like you may need to find vista ready cards to replace your old stuff

I have 6 PCI slots

So vista is installed now and these devices do not work I gather?

Yes, they do not work.

Results from the Windows Vista upgrade advisor>

1 issue: CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter CNet Technology, Inc. This device will not work in Windows Vista. For more information, please go to the device manufacturer's website, Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

No issues:

Creative AudioPCI (ES1370), SB PCI 64/128 (WDM) Creative Technology Ltd. No action required

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 (Microsoft Corporation) NVIDIA No action required

SiS PCI IDE Controller Silicon Integrated System No action required

SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller Silicon Integrated Systems No action required

Game Port for Creative Creative Technology Ltd. No action required

zing_deleted
24-05-2007, 16:51
so if they work whats the problem?

If you maen everythign but the ethernet works just buy a card

chaosAD
24-05-2007, 16:56
so if they work whats the problem?

If you maen everythign but the ethernet works just buy a card

ok, I will buy a compatible card that works with Vista. thx for the help anyway

zing_deleted
24-05-2007, 16:58
actually there may be a driver here http://www.cnetusa.com/newwebsite/techsupport/driverdownload.htm top one mate ;)

NTLVictim
24-05-2007, 17:39
I ain't touching Vista till service pack four....

chaosAD
24-05-2007, 18:15
actually there may be a driver here http://www.cnetusa.com/newwebsite/techsupport/driverdownload.htm top one mate ;)

Ahh thank you http://samphacks.com/style_emoticons/default/bow.gif I will try this ASAP

fatmat8
25-05-2007, 13:58
running vista i was advised by ntl that it would require an eternet connection

ShellfishUK
25-05-2007, 15:04
Yes you will probably need ethernet in Vista anyway.

Once you have a new card, you may also come across the VM software (when you run it) not detecting your NIC in vista (especially if you run Vista x64) - I had that with a pretty standard broadcom gigabit onboard NIC, but you can type in the CM's registration page directly into your browser to finish the setup if that happens.

I can't remember what i typed in off hand (at work at the moment) but can let you know if that is a problem for you later.

zing_deleted
25-05-2007, 16:32
the link I posted was to a driver for the nic card the op said was a problem