PDA

View Full Version : Direct Line

Chris W
20-05-2007, 17:06
I phoned Direct Line just now to update some details on my car insurance.

After waiting on hold for 23minutes my call was just answered with "Hello caller, opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 10-5. Please call back between those hours. Thank you" and then the call was released. This was not a recorded message, but someone answered the phone and simply made this statement before hanging up.

Given that I made the call at 4:40pm, and was connected to an operator at 5:03pm i think this is incredibly poor customer service :td: They should either make staff stay on until the queue is cleared, or close the lines earlier so the staff can clear the queue, or perhaps a combination of both. Not very impressed with this service.

Raistlin
20-05-2007, 17:35
I always fins it incredibly suspicious that it's impossible to get through to any of these companys from about 30 minutes before they close. You can guarentee that if you call them within the last half hour of their business you are never going to get an answer, I mean.....who wants to (possibly) get stuck with an awkward customer just as they're about to knock off?

You're right though, to do what they did to you was apalling - about par for the course with Direct Line IMHO. Perhaps time to let them know how you feel, and then take your money elsewhere.

Chris W
20-05-2007, 17:50
unfortunately taking my money elsewhere would mean paying out an extra £200/ year for my car insurance. I would rather put up with the service on the rare occasion that i have to call them, and save the £200 for beer ;)

Mr Angry
20-05-2007, 19:22
unfortunately taking my money elsewhere would mean paying out an extra £200/ year for my car insurance. I would rather put up with the service on the rare occasion that i have to call them, and save the £200 for beer ;)

Beer is for girls!!

Paul K
20-05-2007, 19:29
The odds are that the call center staff are trying it on and the people over seeing them aren't cracking the whip. No one likes taking a call towards the end of a shift but sometimes it's a case of tough luch get on with it.