PDA

View Full Version : speeding offence

scooby,dlm.
18-05-2007, 13:19
i got cought speeding,it was an sp40 which was the correct offence.when i got my licence back they had endorsed it with an sp30 offence???
can i contest it and get the endorsment taken off?can anyone give me some advice please:)

Acathla
18-05-2007, 13:28
SP30 Exceeding statutory speed limit on public road
SP40 Exceeding passenger vehicle speed limit

What's the difference?

EDIT:

SP30 = Excess speed – Private cars and motorcycles
SP40 = Excess speed – Passenger service vehicles i.e. buses

Seems SP30 is the correct offense unless you were driving a bus :o

also:
Note: These are the codes that appear as endorsements on driving licences in relation to speeds. They are not the same as the police codes on your ‘ticket’, but they are the ones that appear on your licence. The two differing codes should not be confused.

Paul
18-05-2007, 13:54
i got cought speeding,it was an sp40 which was the correct offence.when i got my licence back they had endorsed it with an sp30 offence???Are you sure - the 30/40 does not refer to the speed if that's what you think.

Xaccers
18-05-2007, 14:00
Exactly, SP50 is exceeding the speed limit on a motorway *guilty look*
Thankfully having better brakes than a police volvo isn't an offence, as I stopped quicker on the hard shoulder than the police did!

Incidently, Swindon Insurance are now ignoring speeding related points up to 6 points because they are so common and no longer indicative of a high-risk driver.

Bill C
18-05-2007, 14:30
Incidently, Swindon Insurance are now ignoring speeding related points up to 6 points because they are so common and no longer indicative of a high-risk driver.

:clap:

Bloody Goverment piggy banks :mad:

Wicked_and_Crazy
18-05-2007, 15:00
Thankfully having better brakes than a police volvo isn't an offence, as I stopped quicker on the hard shoulder than the police did!

Are you saying they ran into the back of you;)

Xaccers
18-05-2007, 15:07
Are you saying they ran into the back of you;)

No but they got very close and weren't happy.
They thought I anchored up because they had to, but I only touched my brakes.

scooby,dlm.
18-05-2007, 15:24
im confused,on my fixed pen ticket it said sp40,iwas doing more that 40 in a 40.when i got my licence back,it had sp30 + 3 points on it???any ideas please

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

ps i was wondering if i could challange it???

Xaccers
18-05-2007, 15:28
im confused,on my fixed pen ticket it said sp40,iwas doing more that 40 in a 40.when i got my licence back,it had sp30 + 3 points on it???any ideas please

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

ps i was wondering if i could challange it???

No because the offence was SP30, exceeding the speed limit on a public road.
The 30 has nothing to do with the speed you were going at, other than it was over the limit, you very naughty boy!

scooby,dlm.
18-05-2007, 15:59
ok,thanks for that,i promise i won't do it again!!!!:angel:

Xaccers
18-05-2007, 16:00
ok,thanks for that,i promise i won't do it again!!!!:angel:

Nor for 3 years anyway ;)

keithwalton
18-05-2007, 16:31

Was that in your xantia ? i have found with my new front brakes that i do now have alot of stopping power at high speed.

Somthing not to try with a xantia *ahem* is left foot braking i've done it at 50mph or so before and managed to lock both front tyres. Even with the slightest bit of throttle you have that much more hydraulic power going to the brakes that you can stop the front wheels and just slip the clutch!
It was at that point i confirmed my car didnt have abs

Xaccers
18-05-2007, 16:45
Was that in your xantia ? i have found with my new front brakes that i do now have alot of stopping power at high speed.

Somthing not to try with a xantia *ahem* is left foot braking i've done it at 50mph or so before and managed to lock both front tyres. Even with the slightest bit of throttle you have that much more hydraulic power going to the brakes that you can stop the front wheels and just slip the clutch!
It was at that point i confirmed my car didnt have abs

Was in my Laguna II, lovely big wide tyres, fantastic brakes too. The Meganne II's brakes were even sharper.

Are you certain you don't have abs? Sure it's not just failed?

crippo1304
09-05-2010, 18:32
would i have a case as i have a SP40 on my license which got while driving a van

Stuart
09-05-2010, 18:51
If the list at http://www.radar-detector-shop.co.uk/speeding-offence-codes.htm is correct, then SP40 is the correct code for a passenger vehicle. I am not sure if you'd get off though. It might depend on if the van was carrying passengers.

martyh
09-05-2010, 19:38
Exactly, SP50 is exceeding the speed limit on a motorway *guilty look*

i believe aviva are aswell as i have just renewed my van insurance and they weren't bothered about the 3 points i have aquired since last year

Hom3r
09-05-2010, 19:49
i believe aviva are aswell as i have just renewed my van insurance and they weren't bothered about the 3 points i have aquired since last year

I believe that insurance companies arn't bothered by a few points for speeding these days.

LSainsbury
10-05-2010, 20:27
Perhaps we should make it an offence to resurect a 3 year old thread as well??

Sirius
10-05-2010, 21:27
Perhaps we should make it an offence to resurect a 3 year old thread as well??

But at least they used the search function :)