PDA

View Full Version : fault with line BT systems reject us

downquark1
17-05-2007, 21:07
My mother's lost all phone line connection (incl adsl), we don't have the phone service with BT its either skytalk or something called daisy communications (it was supposed to be transfered to sky). Both skytalk and daisy customer lines are shut and BT system won't pass us to fault reporting because the number isn't in their service.

What can we do?

papa smurf
17-05-2007, 21:14
call virgin we need you:tu:

downquark1
17-05-2007, 21:16
call virgin we need you:tu:

No cable in street, read profile

Paul K
17-05-2007, 21:17
If you have any form of third party service on the line then BT cannot touch or even test the line. You can't do anything until the service provider is there to talk to. BT are not allowed to do anything to the line while another companies marker is on there I'm afraid.

downquark1
17-05-2007, 21:18
If you have any form of third party service on the line then BT cannot touch or even test the line. You can't do anything until the service provider is there to talk to. BT are not allowed to do anything to the line while another companies marker is on there I'm afraid.

What if it's a simple problem with the BT exchange? Is there a problem tracker that doesn't require a phone number validation?

Paul K
17-05-2007, 21:24
Does you mum pay BT for her line rental and calls? If the answer is no then they cannot deal with the line unless the other provider contacts them to do so. BT cannot touch a line that is not under their full "ownership". One of the unwelcome side effects of LLU and all these little companies that offer cheap calls if you put your calls through them instead of BT.

papa smurf
17-05-2007, 21:25
No cable in street, read profile

apologies ,did not realise you share abode with mum

downquark1
17-05-2007, 21:26
apologies ,did not realise you share abode with mum

I'm at uni. Either way its irrelevant.

Paul K
17-05-2007, 21:27
Can you confirm who actually has control of the line at the moment? Does your mum have any kind of bill or paperwork? It may be that the lines are closed but we may be able to find a website or something that can help.

downquark1
17-05-2007, 21:38
daisy communications:
http://www.daisyretail.com/frameset.html
Their line doesn't open til next morning. seems like we'll just have to wait.

How stupid.... another reason to hate telecommunication companies.....

Paul K
17-05-2007, 21:45
Nope just the ones that are cheap for a reason ;) Once a third party takes control of a line there is sod all BT can do, you would not believe how many third party companies also try the "ring BT" line when you call. As soon as they give their number to a BT CS and the info comes up all the CS can say is "Sorry but this is not our line so we cannot do anything, you will need to contact whoever is controlling your line". It annoys the poor customer and it's normally the poor CS who then get's the abuse.
Your mum needs to get daisyretail to deal with the issue, if it's a line fault they then escalate it through BT to get an engineer into the exchange etc if required. Make sure she doesn't let them fob her off with the "Sorry you need to call BT" excuse as they cannot do anything.

downquark1
17-05-2007, 21:53
You should at least be able to talk to bt to see if there is a general fault.

Paul K
17-05-2007, 21:57
Nope. Like I said BT are not allowed to do anything with the line, they cannot test the line and to be honest since it is not under their control they are not even supposed to talk about the line. If there was a local fault in the area then most CS/TS would slip it in to the conversation as they tell you that they cannot test the line.... ;) I know I used to lol

daz300
17-05-2007, 22:08
all i can say is
http://www.daisyretail.com/Images/daisyretail.gif

http://www.daisyretail.com/Images/retailbanner.gif

cybernetic_tiger
18-05-2007, 21:33
You can use http://status.zensupport.co.uk/outages/ to check for general ADSL outages on the BTW network. Might give you a pointer in the future... just have to enter your BT phone number.

downquark1
18-05-2007, 22:31
Ok thanks

After all that it seems something in the internal wiring spontaniously shorted out after working perfectly for months :banghead:

Long process of elimination now.

papa smurf
19-05-2007, 22:19
hmmm i think its irrelevent, cos your at uni:monkey:

progers
20-05-2007, 09:23
If you read the Daisy faq:

Q. Can I log a fault out of office hours
A. You can now log a fault 24 hours a day 7 days a week by calling 0871 222 0921.
If you pay for our Total Care service faults will receive a priority service with a 4 hour guaranteed response time. All other faults will be dealt with within the normal office opening times of 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Customers should be aware that BT Retail offer an identical fault logging service where customers may register a fault 24/7, however unless they pay for their Total Care service, faults will not be dealt with until the next working day.

dragon
25-07-2007, 23:11
Ok thanks

After all that it seems something in the internal wiring spontaniously shorted out after working perfectly for months :banghead:

Long process of elimination now.

Perfectly plausible, is there any of those plugin extensions connected if so try unplugging them (sometimes get trapped under carpet and walked over or someone puts a nail though them.etc etc)